Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Advice

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I have amassed savings of over 3k in the last year or so, but it is just sitting in an account with AIB not getting any interest or anything like that.

Would I be better moving it all to something like a credit union?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well I suppose it depends if you need access to it or can leave it to mature for a few years. Personally speaking I have found the national solidarity savings with an post very good. I have taken the kids savings out of bank and opened these accounts. If you can leave it for 10 years you get 50% interest less DIRT. I also have a D.D. going in monthly. You can access the money anytime with 2 week notice, obviously less the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Ladjacket wrote: »
    I have amassed savings of over 3k in the last year or so, but it is just sitting in an account with AIB not getting any interest or anything like that.

Would I be better moving it all to something like a credit union?

For instant access - try KBC - paying 3.25%

See http://www.moneyguideireland.com/best-savings-rates/instant-access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

According to their website the upcoming online service of KBC will be view only.

If you're looking to transact online then Rabo's 3.1% up to 20k is pretty good.

The askaboutmoney Best Buy thread has good info on the various options: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=102329

Advertisement