Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail servers down??

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is this going to take long to fix?
    Trying to get a business of the ground here!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Our technical team are working on the issue.
    http://www.blacknightstatus.com/2012/04/mailblacknightcom-smtpr1cpblacknightcom-issues.html

If you are using email for business we'd recommend our business email service which comes with an SLA http://www.blacknight.com/hosted-exchange.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Your solution to not providing the service we're paying you for is to suggest we pay you more money? Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tbh, it's a fair request. Occasional downtime is an unavoidable part of any IT service. To minimise your downtime, you have to pay more money.

You cannot expect four nines uptime on a basic-cost service. If email is so critical that you cannot do without for an hour, then you will need to pay more money to get a service which provides that kind of reliability.

Our technical team will post updates here:
    http://www.blacknightstatus.com/2012/04/mailblacknightcom-smtpr1cpblacknightcom-issues.html

At present they're expecting to have it fully resolved by 1430

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi, it's getting very hard to stay with Blacknight. Your hosting / domain services are second to none, except mail... These too frequent mail service outages are a disaster for your customers.

It's disappointing to be in the same position again after the last multi-day outage in November :(

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Tbh, it's a fair request. Occasional downtime is an unavoidable part of any IT service. To minimise your downtime, you have to pay more money.

You cannot expect four nines uptime on a basic-cost service. If email is so critical that you cannot do without for an hour, then you will need to pay more money to get a service which provides that kind of reliability.

i see your point about service going temporarily offline, unfortunately it's not for 'an hour', Blacknight's email service over the last few months has seen major outages (including multi-day)....

As previously stated - our technical team are working on the issue.

If you want email with an SLA we can provide it, which is why we have a business email service: http://www.blacknight.com/hosted-exchange.html

Blacknight wrote: »
    As previously stated - our technical team are working on the issue.

If you want email with an SLA we can provide it, which is why we have a business email service: http://www.blacknight.com/hosted-exchange.html

thanks for the reply, i'm just a customer looking for reliability, not major multi-hour / multi-day outages of a key hosting service

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fac

I have been without email all day, a few hours is ok but all day is just pushing it too far.. It's not professional and an insult to paying customers to not prioritise such an important flaw in the system.. either get more servers to provide a backup solution or else inform customers in advance that you cannot provide the service. Its hard enough to compete in todays business environment without this kind of issue..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Blacknight,

Are you positive mail messages while offline are OK?

A couple of e-mails I know were sent to me about mid-day never arrived, whereas e-mail sent since 4pm has started slowly come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

flywheel wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, i'm just a customer looking for reliability, not major multi-hour / multi-day outages of a key hosting service

Exactly. Im perfectly okay with the odd brief outage , but half days/full days at a time are unancceptable. Sort it out Blacknight for Gods sake.

Basq wrote: »
    Blacknight,

A couple of e-mails I know were sent to me about mid-day never arrived, whereas e-mail sent since 4pm has started slowly come through.

They'll be queued in the system

The fact that you're getting some emails sooner than others is simply due to the way the cluster is delivering mails to your mailbox(es)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fac

Basq wrote: »
    Blacknight,

Same with me, my mail is back up and running but several mails I know were sent to me have never arrived, I have checked and they did not bounce back to sender either.. where have these mails gone? will they be forwarded on at any stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Blacknight wrote: »
    They'll be queued in the system

The fact that you're getting some emails sooner than others is simply due to the way the cluster is delivering mails to your mailbox(es)

fac wrote: »
    Same with me, my mail is back up and running but several mails I know were sent to me have never arrived, I have checked and they did not bounce back to sender either.. where have these mails gone? will they be forwarded on at any stage??

All mails are being queued - it'll take a while for the queues to clear, but you shouldn't lose any email sent to you.

All mail services should be fully operational now and any email that was delayed should either be delivered or on its way

Advertisement