Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting more Case Fans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

Might be an better idea to pick up a fan controller, less mess than splitting cables and will give you more control (obviously) over your fans/cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

are you sure your mobo just has one header?! what board is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Might be an better idea to pick up a fan controller, less mess than splitting cables and will give you more control (obviously) over your fans/cooling.

Never used or seen one of them before, how is it powered and can I plug my fans directly into it?
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    are you sure your mobo just has one header?! what board is it?

Yeah, looked on the board and checked the manual

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4N68TM_LE_V2/#CPUS

Looking at something else now, using:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-070-AK

which will give me 5 connections through one molex point on my PSU

And connecting my current 140 mm Exhaust fan, then 4 of these, 2 on the side and 2 on top.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-001-OK

Unless of course it won't work for any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Probably gonna be quite loud.

• Advertisement

Probably gonna be quite loud.

I basically always have a headset on or music playing quite loudly so that wont be a problem, put an order in for the last items I linked, thanks f or the replies :)

All connected up now, had to connect all 4 directly to the PSU, the adaptor I ordered was the wrong thing and the fans only had molex connections, no big deal though, had room for them all.

My computer is like an air conditioning system now though, had to put a jacket on last night because it was too cold beside it, going to have to find out how to slow these fans down or ill freeze to death!

NiallFH wrote: »
    All connected up now, had to connect all 4 directly to the PSU, the adaptor I ordered was the wrong thing and the fans only had molex connections, no big deal though, had room for them all.

My computer is like an air conditioning system now though, had to put a jacket on last night because it was too cold beside it, going to have to find out how to slow these fans down or ill freeze to death!

Fan controller..FTW!

Fan controller..FTW!

All of my fans only have Molex connections though, I am assuming for a fan controller the fans are plugged into the fan controller itself rather than the PSU/Mobo?

If I'm right in saying that, are there any out there that I can connect 4 pin molex connections to that you know of?

NiallFH wrote: »
    All of my fans only have Molex connections though, I am assuming for a fan controller the fans are plugged into the fan controller itself rather than the PSU/Mobo?

If I'm right in saying that, are there any out there that I can connect 4 pin molex connections to that you know of?

Fan controller will be powered with a molex and the fans are just connected to the controller using the regular fan 3/4 pin connectors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement