Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you freeze cake and icing?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Cake you freeze cake with fudgy icing? Will it still be the right consistency/ texture/ deliciousness after it's thawed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I would think that it would be fine.
    Most cakes freeze pretty well-they don't have that 'just baked' quality though, more of a day or two old cake quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amandausa

I have frozen cake successfully before but never with the icing on... seems it should work though although the consistency might be different. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

I freeze homemade sponge cakes, fairy cakes, etc every month. defrost on wire rack, and they come out pretty good, I then ice them, the only icing i have frozen is made with double cream. no problem with it. not sure about buttercream, or any other, good luck with it.

Advertisement