Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling on ferry with 3 week old

Options
  • 25-04-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

My OH and I are planning to go to the UK for a couple of days, the baby will be about 3 weeks old then. Well that's if everything goes according to plan.

Does he/she need a passport to go on the ferry with us?

I did see a similar thread posted somewhere recently but couldn't find it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

You could ask the ferry company direct, but we have been travelling to and from the UK by ferry for years, including over 5 years (approx 3 times a year) with children, and have never once been asked for passports for us or them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

notsobusy wrote: »
    My OH and I are planning to go to the UK for a couple of days, the baby will be about 3 weeks old then. Well that's if everything goes according to plan.

Does he/she need a passport to go on the ferry with us?

I did see a similar thread posted somewhere recently but couldn't find it!!!

No, none whatsoever.

Most of the time, they dont even ask adults for ID.

If you are carrying the baby in a seat or a buggy, there is normally a lift to make it a bit easier. Of course, this depends on the ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Brilliant thanks for the replies :D

Advertisement