Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance costs on an A Learner permit

• 25-04-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

So passed my theory thest yesterday :D
    Have my IBT sorted for €290 each for myself and himself within the next four weeks. Just to decide on a bike & we are set to go.
    Called a few places for a quote nearly fell off my seat with the shock!! Cheapest quote was €2396.11 :eek:
    I am 23 female 1st learner permit he is 29 male 1st learner permit aswell. I would be policy holder and he would be named driver on a Suzuki Bandit 600 '02 worth roughly €2500 with an after market re-stricter. Surely I am calling the wrong companies because if this is the case I wouldn't pay that amount on a point of principal :mad:
    What are others paying??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navangang

well im paying 1500€ on a lil honda bros with quinn/liberty,but im only 19..Try quinn/liberty you shouldnt get a quote near 2000€

quick quote online was 652.70 for two of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

navangang wrote: »
    quick quote online was 652.70 for two of you.

who was that with?
    thanks

Meshel wrote: »
    who was that with?
    thanks
    Liberty insurance
    no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Yep just went through it there and gave all proper details & it came in at €740.08. Apart from Liberty is anyone else resonable like them. Tried carol nash, aon and a few other but quotes were off the wall.
    Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

There is a thread here were posters put up their insurance costs/quotes.

Have a look through that to get an idea of what people pay.

Then ring all four insurance companies who offer bike insurance.

Meshel wrote: »
    Yep just went through it there and gave all proper details & it came in at €740.08. Apart from Liberty is anyone else resonable like them. Tried carol nash, aon and a few other but quotes were off the wall.
    Thanks for your help
    Nah liberty will be the only reasonable one until you build up a couples years no claims.
    Good luck with biking,:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verbat

hi Meshel, 290 euro seems a great price, where did u get that price , looking to do it myself with the other half in the next few weeks,

thanks

Advertisement