Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Center Essentials issues

Options
  • 25-04-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently installed SCE 2010 on a virtual server on our network, for network management.

The install has pushed agents down to all machines, but I am not receiving any information regarding the software/OS/hardware on the machines. Agent status is showing OK on some machines, and not on others.
    Group policy is operating on machines, verified by gpresult /r /scope computer

I believe this has got to do with a failure to contact the windows update service.

I have verified that reg keys are pointing to the server for update, but after investigating the Windows Update log i find fatal and warning errors:

The above suggests it's using a proxy, but above that I see - Proxy List Used: <null>

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are running Windows 2008 R2 DataCenter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

joe2687 wrote: »
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are running Windows 2008 R2 DataCenter.

Data Center !? What's the reason for using this version !?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭joe2687

It was originally going to be a backup VMSERVER for 20+ virtual machines, but I decided to use it as a Management server. Is this relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

In AD users & computers make sure the computers you a managaging are in a separate OU and not the default "Computers" folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hi Joe,

Let's wait for Microsoft ,maybe they will be able to help you :

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenteressentials/thread/80714123-fadb-447a-9385-c7712060fba2

In mean time,have you tried this one here : error was related to root certificate!??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭joe2687

Tomtata wrote: »
    In AD users & computers make sure the computers you a managaging are in a separate OU and not the default "Computers" folder.

Why is this? They are in this default folder..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Part of the WSUS documentation - its there so you can segregate your computers and servers.

You might not want your servers on the same policy as your PC's etc...

Test it with one or two if your not sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

My understanding is that this is a special container object and you cannot apply a GPO to it.

Advertisement