Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

After warning last week, a very poor show from some guys not managing their rosters.

Will be reviewing everyone's rosters later today and will post up decision.

You're telling me Rob, only realised on Friday Rivers was on a bye and meant to go change him and then forgot due to beer!
    However I didnt need my QB this week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone up for making the league smaller next year? I just think with a 16 man league there is not really much to take from FA. At least if it was 12, you would have people dropping players that others might pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone up for making the league smaller next year? I just think with a 16 man league there is not really much to take from FA. At least if it was 12, you would have people dropping players that others might pick up.

It will probably be smaller next year as a few guys will not get invited back based on their lack of activity so far.

Just had a quick look at the main offenders in not managing their teams.
    Through only 6 weeks of action (with only 3 weeks containing byes for 10 teams - 2,4,4)

****WARNING****

Team Reidy (Copper_pipe) - Has left 10 players in when on Byes. Has not made any moves. If he doesn't post in here by Friday, confirming that he will be active then I will boot him from the league and drop everyone to his bench so will be an automatic win for whoever plays him.
    Had a look and he has gone 3-3, all division games and has beaten and lost to each division opponent so this won't upset the standings.

South East Asia Swagger (empacher) - Has left 4 players in when on Byes.
    If no moves are made for his team this weekend to adjust for players on Bye, then will be booted and all players dropped to bench.

Leixlip Salmon (Lukebray) - Has left 4 players in when on Byes.
    If no moves are made for his team this weekend to adjust for players on Bye, then will be booted and all players dropped to bench.

The above two are playing each other this week, which is only reason am giving them more time.

Not fair on people who are actually trying in this league, that standings are messed up by zombie teams.

If these guys do get booted, then their teams will be up for grabs if anyone is interested in making a late season charge.

Team Reidy (Copper_pipe) - No activity this week.
    **Will be booted from the league and all players dropped to bench.

South East Asia Swagger (empacher) - No activity this week.

Leixlip Salmon (Lukebray) - No activity this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep will depend on the interest, but if people are playing they should be kicked IMO.

This is my first year but really enjoying it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yep will depend on the interest, but if people are playing they should be kicked IMO.

This is my first year but really enjoying it tbh

I absolutely hate it. :pac:

I just wish I would come up against one of the guys that aren't changing their teams. I have lost 3 in a row now I think unless Burleson has a monster game.

I absolutely hate it. :pac:

I just wish I would come up against one of the guys that aren't changing their teams. I have lost 3 in a row now I think unless Burleson has a monster game.

I havent really changed my team at all tbh, as you'll see by Rivers sitting on the team during a bye week!

Think it will be hard for you to catch me.. though i said that last week and got beat!

Just had a look at the main offenders not managing their teams.
    Through 7 weeks of action (with only 4 of these weeks containing byes)

****WARNING****

Team McLoughlin (mikemac1) - Has left players in on Byes for 3 of the 4 weeks (only reason it's not 4 is that none of his players had byes in the other week)

Knocklyon Knights (Pudsy33) - Has left players in on Byes for 3 of the 4 weeks (only reason it's not 4 is that none of his players had byes in the other week)

Lesser Warning (left players in on 2 bye weeks, not too serious up until now, but will be watched)
    Dublin Heli's Hellfire (helimachoptor)
    Northside Wonders (NekoChan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

unless Calvin Johnson has a 2TD game tonight I'm going to 1-6 :(

on the plus side I put some money on NFL for first time this season and am one win away (Bears) from completing a 7 game accumulator and 4 game accumulator.

Already finished a 5 game accumulator last night. :)

No losing bets.... yet

McG wrote: »
    unless Calvin Johnson has a 2TD game tonight I'm going to 1-6 :(

on the plus side I put some money on NFL for first time this season and am one win away (Bears) from completing a 7 game accumulator and 4 game accumulator.

Already finished a 5 game accumulator last night. :)

No losing bets.... yet

Was going to bet on the Titans.. thought i better not but would have won a decent amount for the amount of was going to put on.

5 euro on the titans to win by 1-5 points and for the game to score over 65 points :pac:

• Advertisement

Gary.. Colts are available in the league this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Winning record for the first time this season at 4-3. Can't believe I picked up Josh Gordon and Kevin Walters from FA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Walters and Gordon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jesus lads put the handbags away, football is supposed to a mans game in think your taking the wearing of pink this month a little too far!!

Banter heli, cant let people away with wild claims at start of season and let them get away with it ;)

Who ever I have next week is going to get the same :pac:

Banter heli, cant let people away with wild claims at start of season and let them get away with it ;)

Who ever I have next week is going to get the same :pac:

You better hope your PFL claim stays true and you win your division so... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

If mikemac is booted from the league, the BFL West could have a winner under .500.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Palmer was a great pick up from FA this week, nabbed me 19 points, poor poor Jacksonville. I actually have no idea how i am 4-2 as of now, soon to be 5-2 i can only presume. My team is horrible compared to some 4-2 teams in the league. In my NFL fantasy league im 2-5 , yet my team is Tom Brady, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Victor Cruz, Dez Bryant, Antonio Gates,Ryan Mathews, Ravens D and Robbie Gould. I have Brian Hartline, Scott Chandler and Joel Dressen on the bench, go figure!

With regards kicking people out of the league, i believe it's time to do so, they've had there warnings and having drew brees on the bench is just unforgivable :P

Anyone at all want to trade for a running back or Jimmy Graham? I may as well start rolling the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Starting Weeden this week, will fare better then Cam will I feel. Replaced Smith, who's on a bye, with Simpson, so hopefully Ponder will fire a few his way. Tucker on a bye, but I've no other kicker.

Andre J taken out, also The Hass is now the QB :eek:

• Advertisement

Offered you a trade Santry, my Jermaine Gresham for your Titus Young.

BFL West could be getting ugly. My lineup this week is fairly brutal though I did get 21.9 points Thursday (I badly need Graham to play if I want to have a chance, don't think Shaun Draughn will get it done), Adrian's 2 Thursday night players combined for -3.3 points, Mikemac's about to be kicked, but Raoul might get a win, leaving a defacto 3-5 three way tie for the lead of the division. Worryingly, one of us might not get the requisite 2 wins to pull ahead of mikemac. Could have a shot next week against heli though.

Rob starting Aaron Hernandez who had been ruled out. Kick this man from the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

matthew8 wrote: »
    Rob starting Aaron Hernandez who had been ruled out. Kick this man from the league!

As a Patriots fan u would have thought he would have known he didnt travel.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    As a Patriots fan u would have thought he would have known he didnt travel.

Guess he just doesn't give a fk about this league.

I always wonder why all the fantasy football columns aren't dedicated to defense/kickers, because those are the 2 positions with the most elasticity, and that's where I've lost to you rob, 37-7 to you in those 2 positions.

Must not have changed out my D in time, not that it would have mad emuch difference.

Not a good week for me tbh

matthew8 wrote: »
    I always wonder why all the fantasy football columns aren't dedicated to defense/kickers, because those are the 2 positions with the most elasticity, and that's where I've lost to you rob, 37-7 to you in those 2 positions.

Some very selective statistics there Matthew considering you lost by 42, don't forget Tom Brady beating Jay "This guy is the steal of the draft" Cutler by 22.7 points.

Was boozing all weekend in London after setting my lineup Friday so missed the Hernandez news unfortunately. Thankfully wasn't a costly one.

Just had a look at the main offenders not managing their teams.
    Through 7 weeks of action (with only 4 of these weeks containing byes)

****WARNING****

Team McLoughlin (mikemac1) - Has left players in on Byes for 3 of the 4 weeks (only reason it's not 4 is that none of his players had byes in the other week)

Knocklyon Knights (Pudsy33) - Has left players in on Byes for 3 of the 4 weeks (only reason it's not 4 is that none of his players had byes in the other week)

Lesser Warning (left players in on 2 bye weeks, not too serious up until now, but will be watched)
    Dublin Heli's Hellfire (helimachoptor)
    Northside Wonders (NekoChan)

Team McLoughlin (mikemac1) - No activity this week.

• Advertisement

Some very selective statistics there Matthew considering you lost by 42, don't forget Tom Brady beating Jay "This guy is the steal of the draft" Cutler by 22.7 points.

Was boozing all weekend in London after setting my lineup Friday so missed the Hernandez news unfortunately. Thankfully wasn't a costly one.

Yeah Tom "This guy should be going number 2 in every draft" as I put it. I was praying I got a Rodgers/Brady/Brees slot. After them you never know. Especially with Manning/Ryan being reached for early. At least I didn't fall for Romo/Rivers.

Advertisement