Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Team McLoughlin (mikemac1) - No activity this week.
    **Will be booted from the league and all players dropped to bench.

Just let me know when that happens ;)

I've picked up Dallas Clark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why is there a 0-0 draw on one of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why is there a 0-0 draw on one of the games?

Two of the teams that were booted for inactivity

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When do their players go into FA Rob?

When do their players go into FA Rob?

Hadn't planned on doing it as couldn't think of a fair way of distributing them, especially if this happens to more teams (which is unlikely now that the main offenders have been booted).

Could do a worst-to-first draft of them, if everyone was in agreement (not just a majority, would need to be unanimous to change something like this midway through the league).
    Am open to other suggestions from people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

No way would I go for letting those players go.

We shouldn't have booted that player. Why not just take over them and put a team in each week that didn't have any byes? Now people are going to have weeks with no games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I agree with Matthew :eek: and Santry.

Matthew: people have done the draft thinking there were a certain amount of people in the league so not fair that the lessor teams (me), should be benefit from other people not playing.

Santry: I sort of agree. I am sure these teams have beaten people so its unfair that some people will get a walkover. Could have given them to Berty and a couple of others.

Ohwell, you did what you thought best. It won't make too big of a difference I don't think. :D

Fair enough, wouldn't be in favour of re-distributing the players either.

Just looked into it and I can adjust the scoring and scheduling in the league, so what I might be able to do if everyone agrees is:

1. I can go back and put these teams to zero for every week (so they will lose every week they have played)
    2. Edit the schedule so they only play each for the rest of the season

Only issues with this are I can't edit divisions now, so BFL North has two of these teams and the two guys left will have an added advantage.
    Will be difficult to keep track of adjusting the schedule to avoid guys playing each other too many times, but think I can do it with a bit of work.

This would basically remove them completely from league and leave:
    1 division of 4
    2 divisions of 3
    1 division of 2

Am open to alternative suggestions

Can you change the players teams? Why not just put their bye weeks players as subs before each week?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can you change the players teams? Why not just put their bye weeks players as subs before each week?

Idea is that these teams shouldn't have a chance at winning and denying an active player a chance at playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Do you need people to take over teams?

Yeah if people are interested in taking over teams would be up for it.
    First team would have to be from BFL North to even up the numbers, either Team A or Team B below open:

Team A (3-5)
    Josh Freeman, TB QB
    Tim Tebow, NYJ QB
    Chris Johnson, Ten RB
    Adrian Peterson, Min RB
    Fred Jackson, Buf RB
    Jason Snelling, Atl RB
    Dion Lewis, Phi RB 
    Brandon Jacobs, SF RB 
    Miles Austin, Dal WR
    Robert Meachem, SD WR
    Lance Moore, NO WR
    Rueben Randle, NYG WR
    Damian Williams, Ten WR
    Andre Roberts, Ari WR
    Vernon Davis, SF TE
    Dan Bailey, Dal K
    Jets D/ST D/ST

Team B (3-4-1)
    Drew Brees, NO QB
    Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB
    Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
    DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
    Roy Helu, Wsh RB 
    Kevin Smith, Det RB
    LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
    Leon Washington, Sea RB
    Isaac Redman, Pit RB
    Ryan Grant, FA RB
    Brandon Marshall, Chi WR
    Brandon Lloyd, NE WR
    Eddie Royal, SD WR
    Mario Manningham, SF WR
    Kellen Winslow, FA TE
    Alex Henery, Phi K
    49ers D/ST D/ST

Ill take the bottom one, send me on the details of what to do. Thanks

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ill take the bottom one, send me on the details of what to do. Thanks

Invite sent

Do-or-die time for us Heli. Pretty much lose and go home for both of us. Interesting to see which defense you go with, both having awesome matchups.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Do-or-die time for us Heli. Pretty much lose and go home for both of us. Interesting to see which defense you go with, both having awesome matchups.

I'll go easy on you.. promise :pac:

Do or die time for myself too. Got lucky last week, won by three points.

Made some line up changes with Andre and Larry Fitz both playing, i expect epic points this week!

Have re-jigged the fixtures for next few weeks to make sure that the booted teams play each other as much as possible.
    There will be still be one team that plays a zero team each week, but this can't be avoided with 3 of them. Better than three guys having nothing to play for in a week at least.
    Made sure to avoid people playing same guys twice if possible and no extra divisional match-ups to schedule as balanced as possible.

Good luck this week lads

• Advertisement

I am looking for Reggie Bush to have a big game this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »
    I am looking for Reggie Bush to have a big game this week.

I hope not ;) looks like a cracking match up between us Raoul. You have edge at running backs I have an edge at wide receivers ...

Let the smack talk begin !

Rivers gets me off to a good start anyway with 2 TDs

Bold move there leaving Sproles in despite being declared out, might cost you though. Steal of the draft Jay Cutler coming through, he's thriving on the negative energy given off by running up the score.

Bold move there leaving Sproles in despite being declared out, might cost you though. Steal of the draft Jay Cutler coming through, he's thriving on the negative energy given off by running up the score.

Yep,i thought he was going to be in,but when he was declared out i was away and not near a PC :mad:

Looking like I might win my first game, brought in some dude for the colts an he got a TD. Nice!

Shaping up to be a perfect day, a win for me as well as a loss for Raoul and adrian.

Fcuking Doug Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I love Doug Martin, knew he would be an animal.

• Advertisement

I've lost this week anyway my opponent has 2 players to play tonight, I've got none

Advertisement