Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, I think my season is done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah, I think my season is done and dusted.

You should only be one game back on Matthew/Adrian after this week and Mike is zero for rest of the season so not over by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Have to say I'm loving my team .. My pick ups on FA are killing as well . Mikel Leshoure being my best pick up.

RG3 is on a bye next week . But I picked tannehill up because he's against the titans this week. So should be a good match up play .

Got fortunate with Myers at TE choosing this weekend to score his first touchdowns in the NFL ever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have to say I'm loving my team .. My pick ups on FA are killing as well . Mikel Leshoure being my best pick up.

RG3 is on a bye next week . But I picked tannehill up because he's against the titans this week. So should be a good match up play .

Got fortunate with Myers at TE choosing this weekend to score his first touchdowns in the NFL ever.

Tannehill.. A bazillion points!
    Any of the Titans secondary.. null points (in a sexy french Eurovision accent)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Against Shane, the San Diego D and Dough Martin scored 80 points between them. How did I even have a chance :pac:

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Steal of the draft Jay Cutler coming through, he's thriving on the negative energy given off by running up the score.

Couldn't resist having a look back at the draft after seeing this

Jay Cutler - picked 6th round, 12th QB taken
    just after Rivers, just before Dalton, Big Ben, Schaub RG3

Ranks joint 23rd (with the immortal Brandon Weeden)- 12.1 Points per Game

Rivers(25th-11.8), Dalton(13th-16.2), Big Ben(7th-19.1), Schaub(20th-13.9), RG3 (2nd-22.2)

On a separate note after looking at this have no idea how I'm contending after some of my early picks, can safely say 7 of the first 8 are disappointments/busts:
    McFadden (2), Nicks (3), Hernandez (4), A.Brown (5), D.Brown (6),Heyward-Bey (7), Ryan Williams (8)

Tom Brady and Lawrence Tynes are carrying me, and now Randall Cobb too

I think with nicks and mcfadden you have gotten unlucky . One because of injuries while the other being well terrible coaching and play calling .

Ye jay cutler steal of the draft ! That's RG3 ! Pity I auto drafted . Would have liked to have seen who I drafted ..

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Picked San Diego D from FA!

Pudsy33 - You left another player on Bye in your lineup last week.
    That is now 4 weeks of the last 5 that this has happened, am ignoring the 5th week where you left your kicker in and explained that.
    In all cases you had players available on your bench that could have played.

You have been warned previously.
    You have another two players on Byes this week, if you do not update your team this week then you will be removed from the league.

PM also sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I won! Even with having the wrong RB in. maybe ill be good at this craic.

• Advertisement

Injuries and Byes
    Forced to start Daryl Richardson and whoever's playing from McFadden/Goodson/Jones at RB
    WR corps decimated with Cobb on bye and Brown injured, playing Pitta at the flex and picked up Ogletree, hoping Nicks can stay healthy.
    Tough week ahead vs. Raoul

Injuries and Byes
    Forced to start Daryl Richardson and whoever's playing from McFadden/Goodson/Jones at RB
    WR corps decimated with Cobb on bye and Brown injured, playing Pitta at the flex and picked up Ogletree, hoping Nicks can stay healthy.
    Tough week ahead vs. Raoul

I had Laurent Robinson in from last night, thought he was a good FA to pick up. Got 79 yards but fumbled the ball. :mad:. 9 receptions though so pretty happy with the pickup. :)

I had Laurent Robinson in from last night, thought he was a good FA to pick up. Got 79 yards but fumbled the ball. :mad:. 9 receptions though so pretty happy with the pickup. :)

Thankfully you played wrong Jags receiver, with Shorts on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

One unfortunate part of this BFL West race, Raoul, is myself and Adrian are already effectively 5-5 because we play an inactive team, putting you 1.5 games back as you don't. That said, I have some awful matchups for my players this week.

Actually, Rob, we may have a problem in the BFL West. Because you've been putting mikemac up against ownerless teams for the rest of the season, he'll finish 5-4-4, which I think is like finishing 7-6, which would probably be enough to win the division.

Heli,

I'm going to be sound and tell you that you've three players on a bye this week for our game!

Wow. My opponent has 9 players on at 6pm, and the other guy is on at 9. No more holding my breath until Monday night.

It was set up horribly for me coming into the late games, game will be in the balance with Jay Cutler tonight. But Jeff Fisher FFS tell me at least before the early games that Givens won't be out there. Danario Alexander was waiting.

matthew8 wrote: »
    It was set up horribly for me coming into the late games, game will be in the balance with Jay Cutler tonight. But Jeff Fisher FFS tell me at least before the early games that Givens won't be out there. Danario Alexander was waiting.

Yeah thats tough. I won my matchup against Rob :D.

I actually still have a small chance of getting through to the playoffs.

Just realised I have conceded the most points out of every team, not fair! :mad:

I'm pretty much done. Would need to win out and adrian to lose both of his competitive games. Bloody Cutler too. Didn't think to sign Jake Locker even though I was just advising someone to start him over Cutler.

Matthew is 10 points behind me with Graham half way through a game and Mendenhall to come.

All I have is Ronnie Brown.

I HAVE to win this game!!

• Advertisement

doubt Ronnie brown or mendenhall or gonna do much.. Graham against the raiduhs D for 2 more quarters....

Think ive beaten Mad ali g.. RG3 is a monster !

Keep going Manning :D

Paddy's now losing to Raoul which would put us level at the top of the division if things stay the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

doubt Ronnie brown or mendenhall or gonna do much.. Graham against the raiduhs D for 2 more quarters....

Think ive beaten Mad ali g.. RG3 is a monster !

I was taking in and out the redskins D all week....doh

Well Ben at this point I'm pretty much out of the playoffs reckoning, unless adrian loses twice and I win this game and my other competitive game, but this is set up for a grandstand finish. Conflict of interests for me as a Ravens fan. Hopefully neither Redman or Dwyer gets a groove and they lean on Mendenhall. 11.1 points needed. Pretty shocking game from the both of us though in fairness, especially my WRs, combining for 3.5 points. Stupid Jeff Fisher not giving it to Jackson.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Keep going Manning :D

Paddy's now losing to Raoul which would put us level at the top of the division if things stay the same.

I can't believe I still have a chance of getting to the playoffs

Once again, Ben has a big part to play in my progression to the playoffs. Need him to win this week against Adrian and then to let me beat him in the last game of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I'm pretty screwed to be honest, Gronkowski and McGahee both out long term and Amendola looking dodgy too.

Yeah well, my team is just awful in general.

Once again, Ben has a big part to play in my progression to the playoffs. Need him to win this week against Adrian and then to let me beat him in the last game of the season.

So,

what your saying is, even when we aren't in a division in Madden, we will have a game which decides whether we make the play offs or not? :D

I predict you to shoot out to an early lead and me to win it with the last FG kick on Monday Night Football.

Sounds about right :pac:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    So,

what your saying is, even when we aren't in a division in Madden, we will have a game which decides whether we make the play offs or not? :D

I predict you to shoot out to an early lead and me to win it with the last FG kick on Monday Night Football.

Sounds about right :pac:

Nah it will be more like a hail mary pass that will bounce off about three guys helmets/hands/arse and fall into one of your WRs hands who happens to be sitting in the endzone and hasn't caught a pass all day but now has 90 yards and a td. :mad:

Advertisement