Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are we still going with a 7 man bench?

If so the roster from what I can work out is

1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K, 7 bench. Is that correct?

16 players per team. 18 players, giving us 288 players.

I think we should consider reducing the size of the bench to help with the availability of players on the waiver wire as if we collectively stash 288 players there are going to be very few knocking about week to week,

The standard boards leagues on the AF forum also have 9 starters but with a 5 man bench. I think this works well,

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

If it's something people are interested in, worth looking at. Pity it wasn't suggested before we had done the poll.

If anyone else has any feelings one way or the other let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would have thought 5 man bench was standard?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Would have thought 5 man bench was standard?

7 is standard size

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Personally i would prefer to use 3 WR's on my starting team like we do in the American Football forum Leagues, and cut the bench size down, but its not a big problem, i'll go with whatever is decided

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well we have a flex spot(WR/RB/TE) so you can use 3 WR and 2 RB's if you prefer. Last year we had 3 WR's, 2 RB's and 1 flex spot. I think that was too many.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well we have a flex spot(WR/RB/TE) so you can use 3 WR and 2 RB's if you prefer. Last year we had 3 WR's, 2 RB's and 1 flex spot. I think that was too many.

Yeah i just seen the roster set up on the espn website, i like the starting numbers, maybe cut the bench down to 5, it does seem a little high at 7

Any decisions on bench size?

I did a mock auction tonight results are below.

I notice a lot of people have voted for 10pm in the poll but the auction could go on for a while, about 2 hours I think so may be a lateish night.

QB Colin Kaepernick 17
    RB Doug Martin 60
    RB Frank Gore 36
    WR A.J. Green 43
    WR James Jones 12
    TE Jordan Cameron 1
    FLEX Giovani Bernard 12
    D/ST Ravens D/ST 1
    K Greg Zuerlein 1
    BE T.Y. Hilton 9
    BE Ryan Broyles 1
    BE Josh Gordon 3
    BE Jonathan Dwyer 1
    BE Danny Woodhead 1
    BE Mike Tolbert 1
    BE Alex Smith 1
    Total: 200
    Remaining: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Decreasing bench size would make free agency more active alright

Draft Time
    OK lads, anyone who has yet to fill out the poll for the draft time, can you please do so?
    10 completed so far, 8 left.
    Currently looking like next Monday at 22:00

Bench Size
    Without going into another poll, would be happy to change bench size to 5, especially in such a deep league.
    Will do it unless there's any strong objections against it. People seem to be in favour of it so far.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, By the way any idea how long the auction should take? I'm guessing 2+ hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Draft Time
    OK lads, anyone who has yet to fill out the poll for the draft time, can you please do so?
    10 completed so far, 8 left.
    Currently looking like next Monday at 22:00

Bench Size
    Without going into another poll, would be happy to change bench size to 5, especially in such a deep league.
    Will do it unless there's any strong objections against it. People seem to be in favour of it so far.

My girlfriend and I are going to England that date! So I guess I have to bow out or let it go to auto...or let Pudsy do it for me?

For anyone who is going to miss it, you can set your values beforehand and the computer will bid for you based on your max values. So if you have guys you have your eyes on make sure to up their value. Computer generally does good job from what I've seen in the mocks.

Would estimate about 2-3 hours for the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

My girlfriend and I are going to England that date! So I guess I have to bow out or let it go to auto...or let Pudsy do it for me?

Yeah just try and get a mate to do it for you

Lads my chances of playing in this has took a big hit in the last 5mins cos My Laptop seems to have died :-(, just switched it on and it says something about an NRLDR is missing.

Lads my chances of playing in this has took a big hit in the last 5mins cos My Laptop seems to have died :-(, just switched it on and it says something about an NRLDR is missing.

There's an app for it so don't necessarily need a computer.
    Think you can even do the draft on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

There's an app for it so don't necessarily need a computer.
    Think you can even do the draft on the app

Yeah I have the espn app on ipad/iphone- works a treat! Draft and all

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah I have the espn app on ipad/iphone- works a treat! Draft and all

What about Android, i dont see an app for that, i think may just buy a new laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Adrian prepared to be quizzed up on down on this by a newbie on our Friday night beers !

No worries, try and get a mock auction done before the real thing.

Rock, there is an android app for espn also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Downloaded the app but kept disconnecting during bidding on a head to head draft, think ill go with the pic for the main draft. The Seahawks D went for 11! Only ten teams in it too.

So done a few mock auctions as I had never done these drafts before

Absolutely brilliant system.

Couple of questions. I could not see the price I won the players at once they went on to my roster. I am missing something or did you guys who did it just write down what you won them at.

Bench. But green here. If its 5 players what do you recommend ( presuming you picked a RB at Flex). 2WR 2TE 1RB ??

Depends who your starters are but I'd consider 3 RB 2 WR and then go looking in Fa when my QB and TE are on a bye week. That strategy can bite you in the ass if your QB or TE gets injured though.

I wouldn't have 2 TE's on the bench though. I'd have 1 TE on the bench at most. I'd be more inclined to grab a backup QB than a backup TE.

So I found out that afterwards I get an email detailing who I bought in the mock and the prices. Only spent 191 left 9 unused. Interesting stuff.

Berty44 wrote: »
    So I found out that afterwards I get an email detailing who I bought in the mock and the prices. Only spent 191 left 9 unused. Interesting stuff.

You doing it on the app or laptop? On both you can check who you or anyone have bought, over at the right hand side of the screen there are options to look at rosters and bids.

madalig12 wrote: »
    You doing it on the app or laptop? On both you can check who you or anyone have bought, over at the right hand side of the screen there are options to look at rosters and bids.

Using the app on an Ipad. As draft was going I could see the players I had successfully bought and I could also see the bids which had been made on the current player in the draft but not what I bought the player at. Not a big deal really as your amount remaining is at the top.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Using the app on an Ipad. As draft was going I could see the players I had successfully bought and I could also see the bids which had been made on the current player in the draft but not what I bought the player at. Not a big deal really as your amount remaining is at the top.

On mine there is a line below the player name that shows the last three players bought and the prices. Any you buy come up yellow.

I thought you were an accountant. Sounds like you might need a spreadsheet for this draft.

Think im ready for this now, ive got my laptop back to life, thanks to google, roll on monday.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    I thought you were an accountant. Sounds like you might need a spreadsheet for this draft.
    Spreadsheet, yeah baby :pac:

Advertisement