Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I can draft on the app right?

Yup, click on home, should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just switched Laptop on and its playing up again, i'll be lucky to get through this draft :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

woohoo 18 mins and counting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Just saw gufc's post thanks to message from Berty.

Unfortunately too late to change the league, so can't go to 16-team
    If had been messaged or he had actually dropped out from the league could have done so but we're stuck with 18 now.

Will take over his team same as the other one, run them off ESPN projections each week so should maintain a level playing field

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Do we automatically get taken into the draft at 10 once we're logged in?
    *nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I can't see the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Great, can't draft via the app and get rice and Jackson. What a crock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Meath, Kildare and scolari I think done some of the best drafting.

Meath Eagles are very happy with their draft, got who i wanted apart from Victor Cruz and TY Hilton, who i shouldve bid more for considering i ended in a plus on spending, but sure cant get em all.

How'd everyone enjoy the auction?

Thought it went well myself. Happy with my roster, though would have loved to have gotten Amendola or Hilton, and maybe spent too much on Owen Daniels when could have gotten another TE for $1 or $2 later.
    Made up for Amendola by getting loads of Pats late to fill out the roster (Thompkins, Edelman, Gostowski, NE DST)

Explanation of the Free Agent Waiver Wire:

Teams will have a specific budget ($100) with which they can make player acquisitions during the season, and all acquisitions will be processed in batches one or more times each week.
    (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 04:00 AM)

If a team wants to add a player, that team will secretly bid a certain amount (and select which player will be dropped if there is no free roster spot).

On the next waiver process day, the team with the highest amount bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that team's budget.
    In case of tie bid, goes to team with worse record.

You can submit $0 bids

If you think there will be bidding for a player you want, and you want a backup then you can place bids on multiple players and then order them by preference.
    If you get your first preference, the rest are ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When I went off line the CPU drafted Kendall wright, Kenny Britt and the titans D, safe to say that D won't be seeing much time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

When I went off line the CPU drafted Kendall wright, Kenny Britt and the titans D, safe to say that D won't be seeing much time
    Don't think anyone realised you went offline ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Very happy with my draft apart from packers D, and paid a bit much for Larry Fitz, but getting flacco for 5 balanced it out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Happy with my draft, set out my budget as follows:

QB 10
    RB1 75
    RB2 40
    WR1 35
    WR2 10
    TE 10
    Flex 10
    Def 1
    K 1
    Bn1 5
    BN2 1
    BN3 1
    BN4 1
    BN5 1

Didn't work out exactly like that but more or less got a strong starting team and went cheap on TE/QB and WR 2. Bench is pretty much all scrubs but we will see how the strategy works out over the season.

Actual draft was:

QB Ben Roethlisberger 5
    RB Alfred Morris 74
    RB Maurice Jones-Drew 45
    WR Demaryius Thomas 39
    WR T.Y. Hilton 16
    TE Brandon Myers 4
    FLEX Bernard Pierce 5
    D/ST Falcons D/ST 1
    K Kai Forbath 1
    BE Vincent Brown 4
    BE Cordarrelle Patterson 3
    BE Mike Tolbert 1
    BE Kendall Hunter 1
    BE Alex Smith 1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Morris and Hilton are big weapons, Myers could go either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Griffin for 40 is a steal considering someone paid 63 for Rodgers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Griffin for 40 is a steal considering someone paid 63 for Rodgers.....

That was me. Balances out possibly overpaying for McFadden. How much was Tom Brady?

Raoul wrote: »
    That was me. Balances out possibly overpaying for McFadden. How much was Tom Brady?

Brady went for $36, good price. On Pudsy's team, which looks mental; $184 for three players (Brady, Rice, S.Jackson), one $6 player and the rest all $1

When you see some of the comparisons it's pretty nuts. A lot can depend on when exactly he was put up for bidding

You can see the results on site.

In the tab 'League' / 'More' / 'Draft Recap'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Meant to bid on Brady when he was going but hit manual bid.....which does nothing,took Kap at 26$ instead

First ever fantasy draft and it was an absolute disaster.lesson learned il be working hard to avoid the wooden spoon

• Advertisement

my first auction one, lesson learned.. massive value in the late rounds!

Compared to practice ones I did the early RB's went for crazy money, kinda panic bid just to get a player on the board, McCoy especially. The accidental bid for the WR made me miss some I wanted later but overall I'm satisfied but not too hopeful for the season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

It was unusual draft in that there were 18 teams as opposed to normal 10/12 in mock auction drafts so early players went for very high prices. That's what I think but I could be talking through my arse as I never did one before !!!

I've just been on the league site and realised i was outbid for Victor Cruuuuuuuz by a team with no Owner........This is a Travesty :mad:

I demand that i be allowed to trade Donnie f'n Avery who i ended up with for Victor Cruz, Thank You in advance Rob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Big bad rob I just noticed both CPU teams are in same conference . Shouldn't we spilt them up into different ones if possible ?

Big bad rob I just noticed both CPU teams are in same conference . Shouldn't we spilt them up into different ones if possible ?

We're all in one conference

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Hey guys. Im co managing danger dave 's team. In case i post and you wonder what the hell he is talking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Hey guys. Im co managing danger dave 's team. In case i post and you wonder what the hell he is talking for.

That makes sense so. We were all wondering how he had managed to pick a half decent team with his limited knowledge !

Needed a good start, Broncos D 9pts vs ravens d -6...ill take that!

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Needed a good start, Broncos D 9pts vs ravens d -6...ill take that!

Ditto 43.6 points from mr manning

Advertisement