Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Berty44 wrote: »
    My team is muck, must have drafted the worst running backs in the history of fantasy. My #1had 10 rushes for 3 yards and my #2 had 24yards plus my starting TE had 0 points while my backup on the bench had 24. I am learning !!!

I think you'll find i may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Who are the knocklyon slashers? Didn't know someone else is from around here!

Think thats berty's team. He'll be kicking himself, had Cook on the bench!!
    I need a big game from the texans tonight to beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    Think thats berty's team. He'll be kicking himself, had Cook on the bench!!
    I need a big game from the texans tonight to beat him

Berty is one of us Pudsy? Knocklyon got a lil bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Who are the knocklyon slashers? Didn't know someone else is from around here!

Yep Glenvara. Slashers from the GAA team I played with.

I need Foster and Johnson to collide and taks each other out of the game tonight to stand a chance of beating the Diamondbacks.

I thought with Gronk out and no Hernandez that Sudfeld would have a big game. Boy was I wrong, only one pass thrown to him and he managed to bobble it into a Buffalo defenders hands while Cook tore it up against the Cardinals.

My first experience of fantasy and really enjoying it so far. The App is brilliant with the scoring updated on the matchup. Made watching the Redzone even more enjoyable.

just had a look at my team over on the American Football forum league, oh how i wish i had that team on here :(, Mendenhall, Bell and Foster are my RB's, They'll probably make more points this weekend then Bradshaw, Redman and Wilson will make this whole season :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finished on 109,beginners luck I guess,coming into the weekend games I was starting on -9 (ravens d):pac: .
    Special mention to Brian Hartline with a nice points total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

And as part of my new love of Fantasy Football and thanks to Adrian I have now started watching The League on Netflix. Hilarious stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Finished on 109,beginners luck I guess,coming into the weekend games I was starting on -9 (ravens d):pac: .
    Special mention to Brian Hartline with a nice points total.

I got killed last night:(

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Berty44 wrote: »
    And as part of my new love of Fantasy Football and thanks to Adrian I have now started watching The League on Netflix. Hilarious stuff !

One of the funniest shows ever!!
    Season 5 started a week or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

guns4all wrote: »
    One of the funniest shows ever!!
    Season 5 started a week or so ago

Never heard of it...what is it about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

madalig12 wrote: »
    Never heard of it...what is it about?

Group of friends who are in a fantasy football league together

muahaha ye thought we were mad to be fighting over desean vick celek and brown

The BFL no shows strike again, i was thinking of picking jonathan dwyer on a free now that hes back in pittsburgh for my now no RB team but i see hes joined them, 1st Cruz now Dwyer............I hate them :mad:..;)

hm our trade still has not processed anyone know what the issue is?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

nerd69 wrote: »
    hm our trade still has not processed anyone know what the issue is?

I think Waivers open tomorrow, so will probably happen then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Its gone through for me

Its gone through for me

Ya went through after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Looking forward to seeing the first bunch of waiver claims, will be interesting.

If anyone is interested in a trade, make sure to check the trade thread and update your trade block on the site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do players ever clear waivers in this format?

In other formats you can wait until after the waiver period and just pick players up as free agents with out burning your waiver position.

With this system it seems you always have to bid and minimum is $1. This means you can't do a last minute pickup as you have to wait for 1 day or 21 days (not sure on that).

It can get expensive too if you are changing defenses and kickers all the time like I am prone to do!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So I just went through this process in the faq's
    How is waiver order determined?
    How do I claim a player off waivers?
    What are waivers?
    So it looked like this..
    tumblr_m6o54gcJvw1r3jsrko1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

Can i ask how Jonathan Dwyer was able to be picked up by the BFL no shows considering he only resigned with Pittsburgh yesterday, i was going to try and get him but could'nt because my players could'nt be dropped, plus theres no mention of him joining them on the league activity page even though he was listed as FA all weekend :confused:.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well he's been on waivers all along so in theory he could have been picked up at any time,

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well he's been on waivers all along so in theory he could have been picked up at any time,

Even though players were locked and could'nt be dropped?, and even if they did drop a player before he played, which i dont think happened as all their players played sunday, it should be on the activity page and its not

I had a look for RB's after Redmans 2 fumbles on sunday night and he was still available

Even though players were locked and could'nt be dropped?, and even if they did drop a player before he played, which i dont think happened as all their players played sunday, it should be on the activity page and its not

I had a look for RB's after Redmans 2 fumbles on sunday night and he was still available

They could have made the claim on Sunday and it would have processed yesterday I think, they're players would still have been available I think.

I'm not sure, Rob would probably know better.

adrian522 wrote: »
    They could have made the claim on Sunday and it would have processed yesterday I think, they're players would still have been available I think.

I'm not sure, Rob would probably know better.

Ah right maybe thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Dwyer was picke up on the 4th of September . Now under his name it said FA , because he didn't hve a team in the NFL but the no showers picked him up

Dwyer was picke up on the 4th of September . Now under his name it said FA , because he didn't hve a team in the NFL but the no showers picked him up

ah yes i see that now, but he was still listed under the availables on the site over the weekend, anyway it looks like Redman is gonna get another crack at starting next monday, so hopefully dwyer wont get much of a look in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The recent activity bar will show you who's been dropped or picked up

The recent activity bar will show you who's been dropped or picked up

Yeah i just clicked all activity and saw that it says he was picked up on the 4th, i didnt know that, my point is that it said he was Available under the available RB's over the weekend, thats why i was just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I put up a post on the auction system a few days ago, should explain everything or send you to link that does. Will re-post it below

As for Dwyer, the former owner must have placed the waiver claim after the draft but before I kicked him out, only thing I can think of.
    How'd everyone enjoy the auction?

Thought it went well myself. Happy with my roster, though would have loved to have gotten Amendola or Hilton, and maybe spent too much on Owen Daniels when could have gotten another TE for $1 or $2 later.
    Made up for Amendola by getting loads of Pats late to fill out the roster (Thompkins, Edelman, Gostowski, NE DST)

Explanation of the Free Agent Waiver Wire:

Teams will have a specific budget ($100) with which they can make player acquisitions during the season, and all acquisitions will be processed in batches one or more times each week.
    (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 04:00 AM)

If a team wants to add a player, that team will secretly bid a certain amount (and select which player will be dropped if there is no free roster spot).

On the next waiver process day, the team with the highest amount bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that team's budget.
    In case of tie bid, goes to team with worse record.

You can submit $0 bids

If you think there will be bidding for a player you want, and you want a backup then you can place bids on multiple players and then order them by preference.
    If you get your first preference, the rest are ignored.

Advertisement