Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Did ok, really wanted Foster but missed out.

I had a budget for each position and managed to stick to this.

Pretty dependent on a few guys having a good season (I guess everyone is depending on this).

Wanted to get high upside guys late, but ended up with safer depth options at WR, but not the worst.

Good roster overall I think:

QB: Ben Roethilsberger
    WR: AJ Green, Bradin Cooks, Jeremy Maclin, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree
    RB: CJ Anderson, Melvin Gordon, Latavius Murray, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson
    TE: Jordan Cameron
    DT: Ravens
    K: Matt Prater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Reasonably satisfied. My strategy going in was to try and get 2QB 4HB 4WR 2 TE plus the D/ST and K

Got Luck for I think a bargain of $32 with Bridgewater as backup. Delighted with getting Luck.

Got 3 starting running backs all average enough Morris (WAS) Gore (IND) and Ivory (NYJ). Also got Abdullah (DET) who although #2 should score reasonably and has upside. No-one outstanding but hopefully steady enough.

Got two reasonably good #1 receivers in Hopkins (HOU) and Jackson (WAS) and two ok #2 Decker (NYJ) and Wallace (MIN), again no-one outstanding but reasonable balance.

Two ok TE in Olsen (CAR) and Donnell (NYJ), again steady enough.

K Bryant (ATL) and the Patriots D/ST were taken at the end.

Apart from Luck no real outstanding players really. After finishing absolutely dead last the first year I played and finishing top in the regular season last year before being beaten in the semi final my hope for this season is to make the playoffs again. Think I have a reasonable chance.

Enjoyed doing the draft !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Adrian, that is a pretty decent team. Excellent WR core and a star running back! Also a couple of RBs who are gambles but you only need one of them to pay off.

Really happy with my starting team but eh..not so happy with my bench. Had about 18 dollars left and needed to fill my bench and D and K.

QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Mark Ingram, Jeremy Hill, Christine Michael, Darren McFadden, Andre Williams
    WR: Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Breshad Perriman
    TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce
    DT: Packers D/ST
    K: Mason Crosby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

QB Peyton Manning
    RB Jonathan Stewart, Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley, Arian Foster, Andre Ellington
    WR Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Nelson Agholor, Brian Quick
    TE Owen Daniels
    DST Rams, Jets
    K Cody Parkey

Happy enough with my team.
    Wanted Brady at QB for fan reasons, but happy with price for Manning.
    Stuck to my limits at RB, so missed out guys I really wanted but felt I got good prices and some big potential
    Ran out of money for the WR's I was targeting (Andre Johnson and Julio Jones) but again was happy with the value of guys I got.
    Could've done better with TE. Wanted Olsen (got way outbid for him by Berty) or Kelce (Do you really need two TE's Eamonn?)

Thought Heli's and Ali's teams ended up really good. Really enjoyed the auction as always, but lost concentration a couple of times and missed out on some opportunities. It's a long old night.

QB Peyton Manning
    RB Jonathan Stewart, Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley, Arian Foster, Andre Ellington
    WR Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Nelson Agholor, Brian Quick
    TE Owen Daniels
    DST Rams, Jets
    K Cody Parkey

Happy enough with my team.
    Wanted Brady at QB for fan reasons, but happy with price for Manning.
    Stuck to my limits at RB, so missed out guys I really wanted but felt I got good prices and some big potential
    Ran out of money for the WR's I was targeting (Andre Johnson and Julio Jones) but again was happy with the value of guys I got.
    Could've done better with TE. Wanted Olsen (got way outbid for him by Berty) or Kelce (Do you really need two TE's Eamonn?)

Thought Heli's and Ali's teams ended up really good. Really enjoyed the auction as always, but lost concentration a couple of times and missed out on some opportunities. It's a long old night.

Not really but I thought that Kelce was very good value and he should be good in the flex position. I am willing to listen to any offers but I really do like Kelce :o.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Running backs be damned,all out Aerial Attack!!!

QB Matt Ryan,Matthew Stafford
    RB Joseph Randle, Rashad Jennings, Alfred Blue,Devonta Freeman
    WR Dez Byrant,Julio Jones,Jordan Matthews,Stevie Johnson
    TE Tyler Eifert,Jordan Reed
    DST Texans
    K Brandon McManus

Although Matthews may be up for trade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Qb's Tyrod Taylor Russell Wilson

RB Matt Forte C.J. Spiller TJ Yeldon

WR Larry Fitzgerald Stevie smith Sr Vincent Jackson

TE Jimmy Graham Jason Witten

Bills D/ST

K Steven Hauschka
    Happy enough but you never know who you might see in waivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

My team

More wide receivers than your body had room for!

End of

Giffney

Up for trade for me is Brees and Kelce!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My team

More wide receivers than your body had room for!

End of

Giffney

Who and how many would you trade away.

• Advertisement

QB. E Manning, Bradford
    RB. Lynch, Bell, McCoy
    WR. Randle, Jones, Floyd, Green-Beckham, Cruz.
    TE Allen.
    Buccs D.
    K. Walsh.

Auto blew $180 on my RB's before i could get involved, Happy enough with the QB's and RB's, WR's are fairly average but could surprise, Allen at TE could be alright but alright wont get many points, Buccs D is a disaster, and Walsh was just my last pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Mine was ok I think so anyway, was late getting on and missed on lynch to rock, was a bit to carefull with the budget after seeing his splurge on rbs, app wouldn't bid anymore on luck for some reason
    Qbs rivers and mariota, rbs bell, Crowell, tee mason, te green and Bennett, wr Brown, Tate, Watkins,Bryant, Robinson and kicker is gosthowski and d is dolphins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Qb Brady
    RB lacy, Peterson, Lewis, hayne.
    WR john brown, Andre Johnson, Torrey smith, Doug Baldwin, Eddie Royal, Devine Funchess.
    TE Zach ertz
    D eagles
    k vinatieri

Spent big on RB and QB, budget pick ups of the rest, felt I overpaid on Ertz but hope he comes good, wanted Bennett aswell.
    Missed on a few I wanted....Murray, Edelman, Agholor, gurley and abdullah, really wanted Abdullah as my flex.

Overall enjoyed the draft, surprised I got Peterson so cheap! Luck I took my eye off and somehow didn't bid. Enjoyed the cries of 'I spent all my money on 3 RBs how can I fill out my team with 13!' Laughed for ages at that, still he will win match ups with those 3.
    Best of luck folks

madalig12 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the cries of 'I spent all my money on 3 RBs how can I fill out my team with 13!'

Ha, well im glad you enjoyed it Ali, but Just to be clear, I DIDNT spend all my money on 3 RB's, Automan did, and as much as i love Shady McCoy, i wud not have spent $58 on him after getting Bell and Lynch............although it is nice to have him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Automan drafted me 7 wide receivers...like my left nut can code a better algorithm :P

Ha, well im glad you enjoyed it Ali, but Just to be clear, I DIDNT spend all my money on 3 RB's, Automan did, and as much as i love Shady McCoy, i wud not have spent $58 on him after getting Bell and Lynch............although it is nice to have him :)

Sure you can trade one for a good WR.

Of course in my week one match up I come up against the highest predicted opponent score. At least I have Brady throwing 4 TDs.....oh wait he has Gronk.....

Of course in my week one match up I come up against the highest predicted opponent score. At least I have Brady throwing 4 TDs.....oh wait he has Gronk.....

Haha. I was thinking the exact same.

Well I can see your QB getting 26 points but not my TE lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got a good start with Ben putting up 18 points. My opponent got a good return out of D'Angelo Williams though. Still all to play for on Sunday and Monday.

• Advertisement

Well I can see your QB getting 26 points but not my TE lol

Hmm...not sure really. The Rams D should be very good. I hope he will though :).

Open to trading for a RB if anyone is interested.

What team are you?

Donegal Destroyers? you already have Lacy and Peterson, I'd say you are pretty well set.

Also Lewis looks pretty decent third option if needed.

Dropped the luxury that was Michael Crabtree for the security blanket of having CJ Andersons backup.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Dropped the luxury that was Michael Crabtree for the security blanket of having CJ Andersons backup.

I saw that. Probably a wise move. Realistically you are never starting Crabtree.

What team are you?

Donegal Destroyers? you already have Lacy and Peterson, I'd say you are pretty well set.

Also Lewis looks pretty decent third option if needed.

Well id rather play a rb than torrey smith as my flex. Lewis is a back up for Blount at the patriots and he comes back next week. Thats why he got 12 this week.

Well ok, take a look at 4th and forever and see if anything takes your fancy and let me know what you would give up.

FWIW I think Lewis and Blount will both be usable, Blount as the power back and Lewis as the pass catcher/change of pass back.

Well ok, take a look at 4th and forever and see if anything takes your fancy and let me know what you would give up.

FWIW I think Lewis and Blount will both be usable, Blount as the power back and Lewis as the pass catcher/change of pass back.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It will be like Vereen and Ridley, you will never know when to start them and then if they fumble a few times, Bill could just go with White or someone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

and people said i paid too much for the Hawks D/ST... in yo face!

• Advertisement

Josh McCowan just got smashed by the Jets D, glad i picked them up now

Advertisement