Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hold it, I'm not that interested in Wright. He's a no. 3 WR I'm happy to start, whereas BJGE is a no. 2 RB I'm happy to start. It's not like my running backs are surplus to requirements either so I don't have much problem holding on to all of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, well what would you give up for Wright?

adrian522 wrote: »
    OK, well what would you give up for Wright?

That's the problem I guess. I was hoping you might come up with something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I guess with Amedola injured I'm a little more conservative about trading Wright, I'll talke a look this evening, cant view the site in work.

The departue of Amendola is a major stinker for your team yeah, fecks up Bradford's value too. Hixon is emerging as a nice number 3 option though.

• Advertisement

Feck it - Graham OUT, Mendenhall OUT, Bolden OUT Garcon sure to be inactive as he's doubtful. Enjoy Andrew Hawkins, Jermaine Gresham and Donald Jones. Enjoy this week's matchup Team Duffy. I'll be sure to enjoy Rod Streater and David Wilson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    Feck it - Graham OUT, Mendenhall OUT, Bolden OUT Garcon sure to be inactive as he's doubtful. Enjoy Andrew Hawkins, Jermaine Gresham and Donald Jones. Enjoy this week's matchup Team Duffy. I'll be sure to enjoy Rod Streater and David Wilson too.

Yeah my squad is a bit thin this week too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How do i get to manage my team, Cant see anywhere on this link http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/football

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah my squad is a bit thin this week too. :(

I felt so lucky at the start of the week because Maclin and Shady were on byes, but then it was an awful week for Garcon. Don't mind Mendy and Graham being out though, time for some healing rather than a Garcon-like stretch of stressful Sunday evenings. I feel like the football gods are punishing me for wanting Garcon back from his foot injury all the way back in week 2 by making it a long nagging injury for Garcon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Texans D should get some good points tonight :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thanks for the easy win whoever owns Team Reidy.

Brees on the bench :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

SantryRed wrote: »
    Thanks for the easy win whoever owns Team Reidy.

Brees on the bench :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Thought you were good at fantasy Matthew ?

Thought you were good at fantasy Matthew ?

I'm a poor drafter and make my living off the trades and good FA play. The FA play has worked out, picking up gems like Blair Walsh and Seahawks defense. Unfortunately, there's fk all activity in this league which makes trading impossible. Good at fantasy can't heal Pierre Garcon's foot or Graham's thingy either. Looking like 3-4 now, will be tough to make the playoffs, especially as the team playing my division leader has 4 players on a bye starting.

I'm a poor drafter and make my living off the trades and good FA play. The FA play has worked out,

Really? I remember dropping Alex smith last week, he got piced up by you .. How'd that work out ?

Really? I remember dropping Alex smith last week, he got piced up by you .. How'd that work out ?

Here's an excellent example of how being good at fantasy does absolutely not equate to winning. Dropping Smith was an awful awful awful decision. He had just had a 30 point game. He was going up against a team that had just given up 15 points to Brandon Weeden. He has far more value on a fantasy roster than the Bucs defense or Rod Streater, as would Brent Celek. And I may have had a poor day today, but I put Donald Jones in there from FA and he got me 10.7 points, not bad at all.

Here's an excellent example of how being good at fantasy does absolutely not equate to winning. Dropping Smith was an awful awful awful decision. He had just had a 30 point game. He was going up against a team that had just given up 15 points to Brandon Weeden. He has far more value on a fantasy roster than the Bucs defense or Rod Streater, as would Brent Celek.

I disagree , if his run game does not work or he's behind he's a liability and I can get an average quarterback in FA , can't say the same for TEs or WRs ....

Also coming off a 30 point game against the jets in a 34-0 win, extremely unlikely ever to happen again for smith....

Enjoy your defeat ...

I disagree , if his run game does not work or he's behind he's a liability and I can get an average quarterback in FA , can't say the same for TEs or WRs ....

Also coming off a 30 point game against the jets in a 34-0 win, extremely unlikely ever to happen again for smith....

Enjoy your defeat ...

You could've traded him. There can be no justification for dumping a 30 pointer. What the heck was he doing on your roster before that game anyway? He's ranked 17th for QB points right now, and was surely ranked much higher at the time. The best FA QB right now is ranked 24th.

Trade him ? In a league that has no trades?! You said that yourself ,,,

• Advertisement

Trade him ? In a league that has no trades?! You said that yourself ,,,

I would have given something to get Smith. Had you posted "Smith on the block" you would've received an offer from me.

I would have given something to get Smith. Had you posted "Smith on the block" you would've received an offer from me.

Hindsight is 20/20 ...

Again enjoy the defeat and no play offs

Again enjoy the defeat and no play offs

You're in a very arrogant mood today aren't you? A win is 99% sure out of reach for me, but you can't claim victory while your opponent has 4 players left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone know how to change your active players on the app? Have a few lads on byes and I couldn't figure out how to change them on the mobile.

You're in a very arrogant mood today aren't you? A win is 99% sure out of reach for me, but you can't claim victory while your opponent has 4 players left to play.

victory proclaimed..... Its fantasy football, its all about being arrogant ;) you should know.... pity your in the NFC in madden...

Now you can claim victory.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jesus lads put the handbags away, football is supposed to a mans game in think your taking the wearing of pink this month a little too far!!

Now need a new TE, damn you Fred Davis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Haha, some grade A trolling there Dave.

If only we had a transcript of the draft chat. Seem to remember Matthew proclaiming every pick as a steal.

Hoping to finally get back in division race, after some massive games from LaRod Stephens-Howling and Randall Cobb, barring a monster game from Matthew Stafford tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

After warning last week, a very poor show from some guys not managing their rosters.

Will be reviewing everyone's rosters later today and will post up decision.

Advertisement