Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLOBAL CANNABIS MARCH - 5 May,

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Press Release: M.E.D.I.C. Ireland

THE GLOBAL CANNABIS MARCH

Location: Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Sq to Dail Erin, Kildare St and return.

Time: 1 pm Saturday 5th May 2012

Speakers: Luke 'Ming' Flanagan - TD
    Gordon Mc Ardle - Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Act
    Jude Campion - Multiple sclerosis patient
    Vincent Lavery – Cannabis activist

On the 5th May 2012 in over 400+ cities and towns over 1,000,000 Cannabis activists will be gathering for THE GLOBAL CANNABIS MARCH. Major cities included are Dublin, London, New York, Rome, Toronto, Paris, Tokyo and hundreds of other regional towns.

The message is to the worlds governments is a vocal demonstration for cannabis reform. Speakers, patients, activists, artists, bands, journalists and politicians unite in one voice demanding international law reforms on Cannabis. For just one day a coalition of groups come together to promote the largest direct action EVER for complete decriminalisation and positive legalisation of the Cannabis plant.

The aim of the Dublin march is to call for the Irish Government to amend all international treaties or agreements to ensure that no patient or person shall be prosecuted nor any health care professional penalized for possession of cannabis.

Last year 3,000 people attended this march.

An estimated 5000+ attendees are expected to gather in Dublin on the day

For interviews and more information,

Please contact

Mark Moore 0879414985, 0498543387

www.facebook.com/LEGALISEITIRELAND
    www.facebook.com/pages/MEDIC-Ireland-For-Cannabis-Law-Reform/206410302802287
    www.facebook.com/events/320308188026327/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Went last year and it was a shame to see the majority of marcher's were 'knackers' but the attendance and support was great. I urge anyone who feels that its unjust to criminalise users (even if you don't take it yourself) then please come down and show your support.

If you don't believe in decrimilisation then do some reading and educate yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

The government should sell it and make the cash and use the cash for good.Rather than give the money to drug dealers and gangs.
    I hope stoners remember to go on the march and wear suitable attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Hatred wrote: »
    Went last year and it was a shame to see the majority of marcher's were 'knackers' but the attendance and support was great. I urge anyone who feels that its unjust to criminalise users (even if you don't take it yourself) then please come down and show your support.

If you don't believe in decrimilisation then do some reading and educate yourself.

Yeah, I like it when only the upper classes have the same opinions as me...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Yeah, I like it when only the upper classes have the same opinions as me...
    Yes and I'm sure the government will listen to 100 youths wearing tracksuits and smoking hash...

My point was not about classes but on the image of a typical user in the eyes of those in power. Hence the quotation marks.

What a ridiculously snobby attitude. It's not like a march like this is actually going to achieve anything, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ferdob

What a ridiculously snobby attitude. It's not like a march like this is actually going to achieve anything, anyway.

I agree that it's a disgusting attitude to have. If people are at that march one should be glad of it. Hatred, they are human beings, and the fact that they do not satisfy your notion of propriety is irrelevant! Come off it, 'youths in tracksuits' - first of all, what's wrong with being young? Secondly, who gives a flying toss about what they were wearing.
    You will defend this position on the basis that the march will be perceived badly on the outside because of these people. But you are precisely the cause of the problem. Your fear of a negative perception is the negative perception, in that you do not totally reject that perception as irrelevant and stupid. I understand your point entirely, also. I get why you think it was a problem.

To Mickolution, I don't know what you mean by 'It's not like a march like this is actually going to achieve anything, anyway.' All change is incremental. Sorry for the truism, but it's true! That kind of comment doesn't help anybody, or contribute to achieving anything. Every inch in the mile of change that is necessary is worthwhile :).

I just don't see a march like this achieving anything. They've been going on for years, not just in Ireland, and there's been very little change in the cannabis laws anywhere. The majority of people just wouldn't accept it at this point in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SEANIE1

thanks ppl for your words!....the cannabis plant can be grown in ireland under license. The hemp plant that is.... however there is no difference between the medicinal plant and hemp according to the law!...one gets done for growing plants without a license on our fair soil along with intent to supply etc etc....

Sativex is a branded drug by BAYR and is grown in the uk under license by the uk gov....they extract the THC, CBD's and make a oral spray....

I feel that Ireland and its people sld grow the **** up and decriminalize the plant for personal use just like Portugal, Belgium, Holland, Spain....

one can make wine and beer at home why not cannabis!

come on the 5th for the craic and meet some top peeps!

Advertisement