Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted please!

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I'm looking for advice as to what phone to buy.

At the moment I have a Nokia N95 8GB, which has been a great phone for what I need i.e. sending texts, making/receiving calls & having a good camera, however I dropped it & the screen is damaged & I've been told I can't get replacement parts so I'm basically clueless when it comes to the touchscreen etc....

I'm with O2 at the moment on pay as you go but as my phone is over 3 years old I don't mind spending to get a decent replacement however I would really like a good camera as I'd generally print most of the photos I take, if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

jemm27 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for advice as to what phone to buy.

At the moment I have a Nokia N95 8GB, which has been a great phone for what I need i.e. sending texts, making/receiving calls & having a good camera, however I dropped it & the screen is damaged & I've been told I can't get replacement parts so I'm basically clueless when it comes to the touchscreen etc....

I'm with O2 at the moment on pay as you go but as my phone is over 3 years old I don't mind spending to get a decent replacement however I would really like a good camera as I'd generally print most of the photos I take, if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!

whats your budget for a new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You n95 is still a decent phone with a good camera and the screen is easily fixed, I presume you also have 3 years worth of your stuff on it. You might want to fix the screen anyway.

Screen here under €9 and it'll be delivered tomorrow http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LCD-SCREEN-REPLACEMENT-DISPLAY-NOKIA-N95-/190546019965?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2c5d6d867d .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jemm27

Budget wise I'd be willing to spend approx €250 on a new phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jemm27

Thanks drunkmonkey! Will look that up now as do like the N95 & if it could be fixed that would solve the problem!

Advertisement