Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Got a phone call today from Bord Gais demanding I pay €99 for a service I got on my boiler in early July 2011,I assumed it was on my bill and just paid weekly through my local post office.They now want payment by friday:(Told them I doubt if I would have it and could they not just put it on my bill like I assumed it was.i got a big NO this friday it has to be paid.I remember getting the invoice in July for €99.Surely they should have informed me sooner,not 9 months down the line and then demand it.
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Bettyboop wrote: »
    Got a phone call today from Bord Gais demanding I pay €99 for a service I got on my boiler in early July 2011,I assumed it was on my bill and just paid weekly through my local post office.They now want payment by friday:(Told them I doubt if I would have it and could they not just put it on my bill like I assumed it was.i got a big NO this friday it has to be paid.I remember getting the invoice in July for €99.Surely they should have informed me sooner,not 9 months down the line and then demand it.
    Any advice appreciated.

Really this is done to your assumption they would include it in your bill. I presume they didnt say it would be and the invoice in July last year asked you to pay. It may have given details to pay to as well usually they would.

You need to pay it and BG are within there rights to seek it immediately as overdue a while now. They provided a service for which they have not been paid for.

Maybe see if they do a plan to pay it over a month or two maybe and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShirleyBassey

Their policy seems to be a bit hit and miss.......When I booked a service with them (Feb 2012) I was told their policy was payment upfront, so I had to give the €99.00 by direct-debit.....and I'm with them years. Turned out parts needed replacing, work which their service agents carried out at the end of March and was added to my normal bill.

Best I could advise you is pay something off the €99.00 charge and request a copy of the bill/invoice that you don't appear to have and once received you'll settle the balance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I honestly can't see the issue. They invoiced you last July and you just assumed they would then put it on your bill? Had they done so (which I see no reason for doing) you would then have seen it on said Gas Bill.:rolleyes:

You got an Invoice and just ignored it! They have every right to demand immediate payment. You never paid nor did you contact them about doing anything about it at the time. Pretty slack of them to not demand payment before now but that's their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you don't have the money, you don't have it - what can they do if you don't pay it all on Friday? Just pay as much as you can possibly budget for on Friday or before, then the remainder as quickly as possible.

To assume something (because you hope it's true) is a bit much, but what's done is done. And while the reminding shouldn't all be up to them (you shouldn't be expecting such spoon-feeding in fairness) it is pretty bad policy IMO for them to just make a final demand out of the blue after nine months.

Advertisement