Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY recommendation

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've just moved back into my house after some extensive renovations. I had an old wireless Eircom Phonewatch unit that was on its last legs (just the door contacts and PIR triggered alarm).

Could someone knowledgeable please recommend / point me in the right direction of a DIY alarm system (and where to purchase the kit/parts etc?).

I'd love to get it fitted but I just don't have the budget to be honest. So on this note I would like to attempt a self install.

I was looking @ the following:

1 X Control panel (UPC phone / need it to dial my mobile etc?)
    1 X Keypad (wireless?)
    3 X Door Contact
    3 X PIR (wall mounted or ceiling based ones?)
    1 X Bell Box (wireless or powered?)

Can these kits be purchased over the counter like the ones you see in B&Q etc?

Am I missing anything else?

Many thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

Anyone - please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Powermax Complete or Powermax Express would be a good system for you to install your self. They are fully wireless & them come in kits with
    1 External Bell
    1 Voice dialler
    1 contact
    2 PiRs
    2 Wireless remote key fobs

You can add onto this up to 28 zones.
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky for suppliers close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The powermax kit will be easy enough to install. All pre-programmed so just a matter of sticking up the equipment. Adding extra sensors is also very easy.
    Another kit to look at would be the HKC Quantum 70.
    Both systems can be got in most suppliers but ring ahead to make sure.

Advertisement