Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food supplies for a weekend retreat in Galway

Options
  • 25-04-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I am organising a weekend retreat in Galway Community College this coming weekend. Our chef is looking to source cheap dairy products and other food supplies such as bread and meats around Galway. Any recommendations? I tried to contact Dawn Dairies in Renmore (milk will be our biggest expense) but can not get through. Could anyone PM me a contact number for them, the one in the directories does not work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Try Joyces Knoocknacarra'

All teh b est for the retreat. Glad to hear people still going on them, fuelled by milk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I got a leaflet in my door about a place called The Food centre during the week, they're out on the Tuam road. They seem to be a wholesale crowd, they do meats, veg, bread etc. I've never been out there so I've no experience with the products. Have scanned the leaflet if it's any use.

th_001.jpg

th_004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

why not get the dunnes brand milk instead of the expensive dawn dairies. Its all the same but the dunnes brand is a lot cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks for scanning that..I can now see your interesting image album :cool:

What's wrong with powdered milk? Tesco Value ones at that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

snubbleste wrote: »

What's wrong with powdered milk? Tesco Value ones at that

Yuuuk!

Only good on the Matt Talbot retreats.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Dawn Dairies was taken over by Arrawbawn Co Op who are based in Kilconnell near Ballinasloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You want cheap? Lidl and Aldi, both on the headford rd

Advertisement