Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI and MRI scan query

Options
  • 25-04-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭

I received a referral from my GP for an MRI scan from a clinic which is covered fully under the VHI policy I have. The gp told me he send off a letter to the clinic asking for them to book me in for an appointment. The MRI was booked on my own asking and the GP said I might not need one at all. If I was not to honour the appointment would the VHI still be charged the full fee for the MRI scan even if its cancelled and there was non attendance on my behalf. I may not need it at all if the injurie I have heals better then expected and on the doctors advice i.e rest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No as no scan will happen. Cancel and it'll be fine. Normally you claim back these expenses from the VHI yourself after paying. So if you dont pay there's nothing to claim back and the clinic cant claim directly from your VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Be sure to cancel with a decent amount of notice because there's a certain amount of preparatory work done before an MRI. The subject is asked a long list of questions and in many cases they have to strip and wear a hospital gown so it's not like a radiology department where someone else can be slotted in for an x-ray at short notice if you don't turn up.

Just in case you need to use those guys again.

Advertisement