Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regional broadband

• 25-04-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, i can't get upc or eircom broadband where i live and only have mobile broadband at the moment.I went over the limit and got a huge bill off o2 so looking to get different broadband.I was wondering has anybody here got regional broadband or is it any good?There say there's no usage limit on there website.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

I would not recommend them to anyone, where I live im stuck with them as there is no other provider ( we tried them all, no coverage ) past week and a half no internet, there mast is down. They are not good for gaming online, pings range from 200ms to 2000ms at night, the speeds go down as far as dial up which they made the excuse of contention but legal proceedings will come if not solved. We had them a good while and nothing but problems, they said they have new network being set up but my account isn't on it so cant rate that at the moment but so far its just crap, worse then mobile.

Got another provider out and they said they being using the same equipment since 2003, there network cant handle the load. When i get put onto the new network, i will give you information about it, hopefully good news but I feel wishful thinking

Advertisement