Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with uneven cobblelock in driveway

• 25-04-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I have cobblelock in my driveway for the past number of years which is now sagging/unven in places. Those places are around where the cars are parked and on a sloped section to the side. (I will upload pics when it gets drier :eek:). Can sections be lifted and reset and is this a DIY job or one for the professionals? (I will not include in the definition of "professional" those who laid the bricks originally).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pado2010

Hi - I am also looking to repair the sagging under the cars in the driveway but unsure of what I actually need to do the job. All advice welcome re lifting stones, putting down more hardcore and replacing to even out the sagging. Txs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi wait4me
    No matter how good they are laid you will always have a bit of remedial work to do.The ground under the cobbles is subject to all conditions of our climate, rain and ground movement being the most harmful. When it rains the cobbles, sand, hardcore etc get saturated and movement is the result. The professionals doing all things right on the day cannot be blamed for the conditions outlined above.
    What you have noticed is where cars are parked, car engines are heavy and through time if parked in the same place will put pressure on the cobbles especially when it rains rains rains. If you check out other areas you probably find the same as it may not be as obvious.
    The affected areas will need to be lifted and re sanded under the cobbles to raise them and a whacker plate used to flatten them back.
    NW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

wait4me wrote: »
    I have cobblelock in my driveway for the past number of years which is now sagging/unven in places. Those places are around where the cars are parked and on a sloped section to the side. (I will upload pics when it gets drier :eek:). Can sections be lifted and reset and is this a DIY job or one for the professionals? (I will not include in the definition of "professional" those who laid the bricks originally).

Tarmac is yer only man Boss! Me and the boys have a bit left over from a big motorway job we were doing near your house - We will be around in no time and gone in a flash. By the way we only take cash :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

scholar007 wrote: »
    Tarmac is yer only man Boss! Me and the boys have a bit left over from a big motorway job we were doing near your house - We will be around in no time and gone in a flash. By the way we only take cash :D

And if you have no cash on you,then we can drive you down to the bank where you can take it out for us,there and then.

So many older folk get done out of their money this way.:eek::mad:

Advertisement