Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 12 - Sairus' Last Tempest - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 19/05/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yeah it's looking increasingly likely I will be down, and as a nice pressie for Sai I intend to bring my gear for recording/commentary.

That means you lot need to practice, you're going on youtube :D

Good shtuff. I was hoping that gear would be in tow :) Cheers man :D

Speaking of practice... *coughCork Casuals - Wednesday 16th Maycough*

The vote is now closed. Y'all better get ready for a showstopper on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

How many people from Dublin are going, and via what means of transport?

I knew I meant to post stuff here:

To those planning on heading from Dublin, your best best is with an Aircoach bus. The journey is 3 hours and leaves you about 10 minutes from the venue. I think it costs about €25 for a return ticket.

Alternatively you can get a train, but it still takes 3 hours, leaves you about 20-30 minutes from the venue and costs €40ish.

Please note that if you do get an Aircoach, it will leave you on St. Patrick's Quay (across the river from where I have the bus station marked on this map):

SFCorkMap.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    I knew I meant to post stuff here:

To those planning on heading from Dublin, your best best is with an Aircoach bus. The journey is 3 hours and leaves you about 10 minutes from the venue. I think it costs about €25 for a return ticket.

Alternatively you can get a train, but it still takes 3 hours, leaves you about 20-30 minutes from the venue and costs €40ish.

Please note that if you do get an Aircoach, it will leave you on St. Patrick's Quay (across the river from where I have the bus station marked on this map):

SFCorkMap.png

I'm not sure the aircoach is viable for me with my big silver box- I like the train as I need to keep an eye on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Nice. Glad you got your Job abroad too Sai. See you on Sat.

I'm not sure the aircoach is viable for me with my big silver box- I like the train as I need to keep an eye on it :(
    I'd reckon if you mentioned it to the bus driver how valuable it is they'd let you bring it on board. They usually ask me if I want to bring my monitor onto the bus with me when I go to Dublin events.
    Aircoaches are rarely very full in the morning so there should be plenty of room to bring it on with you, though I can't guarantee empty seats on the return trip.

Right, my ticket is booked, taking the 8am train from Dublin Heuston.

Also: Hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can't find my student card :/
    That's me down 1 beer.

Right, my ticket is booked, taking the 8am train from Dublin Heuston.

Also: Hype!

I'll be on it with you :) Booking tonight.

I'm going to have to get a taxi to the venue if someone can't give me a lift, feel free to hop in with me.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I can't find my student card :/
    That's me down 1 beer.

Ah you're coming? Awesome.

Special request for the Cork people: I am using this trip to test out some new equipment (I'm bringing the old stuff too, which is making the box twice as heavy as usual, but hey these things have to be done) but if people could perhaps make sure to bring the following it'd make things a lot easier for me (READ: Things doom forgot to bring)

1) a HDMI cable (and while we're at it, a HDMI capable Xbox)

2) a 4 gang power supply I can use for myself

3) Potentially I will need to get online very, very briefly. If someone has a smart phone I can use as a wireless hub for an extremely brief time (and knows how to set that up), I'd be grateful.

4) My stick is borked, I will occasionally need to take a loaner of other people's if thats ok. Don't worry, I pretty much only do sonic booms anyway, can't do much harm to one :)

• Advertisement

I'll be on it with you :) Booking tonight.

For Doom or anyone else on the same train I've booked seat C05.

Booking/moving seats on a train is obvious very flexible, but I wanted to grab a seat at the end of a carriage since there are usable electric sockets there. :D

1) a HDMI cable (and while we're at it, a HDMI capable Xbox)

2) a 4 gang power supply I can use for myself

3) Potentially I will need to get online very, very briefly. If someone has a smart phone I can use as a wireless hub for an extremely brief time (and knows how to set that up), I'd be grateful.

4) My stick is borked, I will occasionally need to take a loaner of other people's if thats ok. Don't worry, I pretty much only do sonic booms anyway, can't do much harm to one :)

I can cover all that, and there'll probably be a few sticks lying around if mine is otherwise occupied.

Having said that, if anyone can bring an extra monitor or Xbox or multi-tap power lead that'd be lovely. It sounds like we'll have a few extra heads than normal and an additional setup would be nice :D

Ledgebag.

When's it likely to end Sai? Will prob head back on the 8.30 train.

We're booked in there till 1800, so we need to start packing up around the 1730/40 mark. You'd be able to make the 1830 train if you wanted.

If not, my apartment is 5 minutes from the venue so you can drop the DooM Case back there if you don't want to lug it around for the two hours.

We're booked in there till 1800, so we need to start packing up around the 1730/40 mark. You'd be able to make the 1830 train if you wanted.

If not, my apartment is 5 minutes from the venue so you can drop the DooM Case back there if you don't want to lug it around for the two hours.

It's called the DooMbox, it got labelled that up in Belfast :D

Might people want to get dinner or something after? The best trips are the ones where I don't just talk to people while beasting them :D

EDIT: Just realised... if someone could bring a second HDMI cable, that'd be just peachy :)

EDIT: Just realised... if someone could bring a second HDMI cable, that'd be just peachy :)

I can cover that too. My habit of hoarding cables is finally paying off!

I've to go training tomorrow morning art 10am but will be finished at 11am so if anyone wants a lift in to town from the Train Station post here and let me know what time you get in ect.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

We'll be arriving at 10.45 but I don't mind waiting. Case is just too heavy to be moved manually.

I was reminded at casuals the other day that I totally forgot to upload last month's Tempest footage, so here she is:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7DF6865E5D2AACDA

I recorded less than usual because of trying to sort out the raffle and whatnot so there's only six games :/

..plus like an hour of Gouke/Shokashi casuals that were accidentally recorded that I didn't upload. You guys should be careful of what you're gossiping about when there's a camera set up behind you :pac:

Thanks for the intel Sai, download is indeed complete.

Your match with Gouke is a good laugh:

• Advertisement

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

We'll be arriving at 10.45 but I don't mind waiting. Case is just too heavy to be moved manually.

Should be over to you around 11:15 if traffic is kind. If you need a life back to the station after the Tournament then as well that's cool.

I can cover that too. My habit of hoarding cables is finally paying off!

Er, don't suppose you'd have a powered USB hub too by any chance?

Just something I want to try out, no biggy if not.

EDIT: If anoyone has a spare webcam- one of mine refuses to work with xsplit, a spare'd be handy to test with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I shall be there!
    Doom I can sort you out with my ****ty mobile broadband thingy so you can get online, and a webcam too if you need them :eek:

WasterEx wrote: »
    I shall be there!
    Doom I can sort you out with my ****ty mobile broadband thingy so you can get online, and a webcam too if you need them :eek:

Please do, I'm having trouble getting 2 webcams working at the same time in xsplit, I suspect my cheap as chips usb daisy chaining dongle- thingy but another webcam can let me confirm thats the problem and not the webcam itself.

Er, don't suppose you'd have a powered USB hub too by any chance?

EDIT: If anoyone has a spare webcam- one of mine refuses to work with xsplit, a spare'd be handy to test with too.
    Alas my powered USB splitter went the way of the dodo when I got rid of my Rock Band kit.

Alas my powered USB splitter went the way of the dodo when I got rid of my Rock Band kit.

Anywhere I could pick one up nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What sort of shops carry them? Argos?

mackg wrote: »
    What sort of shops carry them? Argos?

probably, or a pc world or something

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

I can't make it :( I need to spend a couple of days in Dublin to help out my brother in college and I'd rather save the money. I'm skint. Not the first time my brother got in the way of me playing AE in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

probably, or a pc world or something

Not certain tbh, if you post a link to the exact type of thing you want I'll have a poke around if I get into town early tomorrow.

Advertisement