Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dogs Trust

• 25-04-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi, does anybody know any buses that go near Dogs Trust in Dublin? :)

I live near Liffey Valley so I know it's not too far, but I'm not sure it's walking distance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Examples/Google-Map/?routeNumber=40&direction=IO&towards=Liffey+Valley+Shopping+Centre&from=Finglas+Village
    There's a link to your bus route

Get off right at the tip of that the stop nearest the M50, walk up and across the motorway (there's a walkway there somewhere) go out up the north road and Dogs trust is on the left, it'l be about 10 mins walk, on the map exactly where it says Johnstown is where Dogs Trust is.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Thanks a million! :)

One thing, though, the stop nearest the m50 (the blue line I think?) doesn't seem to be near to Johnstown Park - there seems to be closer stops, or is just easier to walk from that one?

NO no no no... LOL

Not Johnstown Park......

Just -Johnstown-

When your looking at the map look up you'l see the m50 with Finglas written on the M50 junction, look up again you'l see Coldwinters, look up again you'l see Johnstown ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Examples/Google-Map/?routeNumber=40&direction=IO&towards=Liffey+Valley+Shopping+Centre&from=Finglas+Village
    There's a link to your bus route

Get off right at the tip of that the stop nearest the M50, walk up and across the motorway (there's a walkway there somewhere) go out up the north road and Dogs trust is on the left, it'l be about 10 mins walk, on the map exactly where it says Johnstown is where Dogs Trust is.

That's a fair walk - more than 10 mins anyways I'd say? Also I'm not sure if there's a walkway there either but I'll look out for one tomorrow when we're up at hydro ;) OP the 103 Ashbourne bus stops right outside Dogs Trust and stops at Finglas village or maybe a taxi from the village might be quicker/easier.

Just measured it on google maps, its just about a mile... you need to cross to the opposite of the road when you get off the bus, there's a pedestrian crossing there, walk up then past joe duffy motors there is a walkway across the motorway since they upgraded everything.. here it is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, 10-15 minute walk max from the Charlestown shopping centre up to Dog's Trust. So get any bus that goes to the centre and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Thanks all! :)

15 minutes sounds fine. Will try it over the weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hehe I always drive the thru other side which is why I missed the walkway! ;) Anyhoos OP just look out for the giant Coldwinters sign and you'll see a smaller Dogs Trust sign :)

Advertisement