Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Claregalway journey time

Options
  • 25-04-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering is anyone here doing the outbound commute from galway city environs to claregalway or beyond?

I've heard from so many that traffic is awful around galway but I've mostly heard it in relation to those travelling into or across the city.

Any ideas on journey time from the city (I suppose it will have to be east side?) in a car to get to claregalway business park for 9am and how's the return journey around 5/6pm? Is public transport an option? I would try take a spin around but I'm just not in a position to do that at the moment...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Cycle it, I get stuck in it everyday, it sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cannotcompute

Hmmm, that sounds ominous!
    How bad is it seriouslysweet? How long does it take you?
    And is cycling really an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

The M6 motorway is real option. You take the exit for Sligo (is it Exit 18?) and it's a straight run to the Claregalway Business park.

I have no idea about the time as I rarely use the route but I'd bet it's quicker especially at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

You should be ok, the traffic is heading in the opposite direction to you. the traffic dissipates after coming through claregalway from the tuam direction in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I drive to Claregalway in the mornings around 8 to half 8 am and into Renmore every evening around 6pm and it only takes about 15 mins on avarage. With the works going on at the roundabouts now either use the M6 or the airport road as it will be quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It pains me to say this, but it's not do-able by public transport. :(

Getting to Claregalway Village is OK (Burkes have an 8am service ex Galway).

But the trouble is the road from the village down to the Corporate Park. No footpath in some bits (unless they've completed it since I was there - and I'm not optimistic) makes it too dangerous after dark, IMHO.

Claregalway neighbourhood map gives you an idea of what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You should be fine OP as you are going in the opposite way to the traffic flows as said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cannotcompute

Thanks everyone for the info and suggested routes! Good to hear it's against the real flow of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

11 seconds, I fooking floored it Fintan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Not many places in that park can give a good guess why your asking ;).

You should be fine once you get out of the city itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

coming from the city to claregalway you should be fine, its going from claregalway to town thats there is major traffic

Advertisement