Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a crate that I could borrow or buy?

• 25-04-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My cat is having an op for a luxiating patella(knee cap slipping in and out of place) on Friday. She needs to be on crate rest after.

Does anyone have a crate that woukd suit a large dog, either for a loan or that they want to sell.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

What do you mean by crate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    My cat is having an op for a luxiating patella(knee cap slipping in and out of place) on Friday. She needs to be on crate rest after.

Does anyone have a crate that woukd suit a large dog, either for a loan or that they want to sell.

Thanks.

Why are you putting the dog in too? Maybe this type of carry on is how Felix fecked up the old knee on day one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Raiser wrote: »

Thanks.

Why are you putting the dog in too? Maybe this type of carry on is how Felix fecked up the old knee on day one!

It needs to be big enough for a litter tray, bed, food and water bowls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

It needs to be big enough for a litter tray, bed, food and water bowls.

OP apart from daft comments I had meant to also make any useful suggestions I could but was at a loss to be honest.

- Thinking about it this morning though I reckon you'll get proper help over on here on animals and pet issues

There a lot of petcentric people here who'll see ya right I'm sure.

Best of luck to Whiskers for tomorrow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Check on Adverts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ask the vet doing the procedure if they have anything that they hire out or if they know of any firm/store that does hire similar.

Try the likes of Paws N Claws on Foxes Bow 061 411 141

or one of the Petmanias 061 439 080 (Ballysimon road) 061 582 550 (Jetland

One of those stores might be able to point you in the right direction as to a rental crate or even a cheap carry crate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Argos have them. Give Limerick Animal Welfare a ring, they may lend you one for a donation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hey all, bought a crate, got it online much cheaper than I have seen them anywhere else. After I am finished with I will be donating it to LAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Seen a photo recently where someone took in a stray cat and put it and a litter tray into the their shower unit. ideal size to confine a feline short term if all else fails and you dont have a cage or crate. close the doors and open them at will.......human goes smelly for a few days while the cat moves in and creates his/her plan to take over your home.

~B

Advertisement