Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clock on Rathmines Town Hall not chiming anymore?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I live quite near the Town Hall in Rathmines and for the past new days it hasn't been chiming on the hour, quarter past, half and quarter to like it used to. It's just chimed there at 6pm for the angelus but that's the only sound I've heard out of it for the past few days.

I used to love lying in bed in the middle of the night if I couldn't sleep and counting the chimes to tell what me time it was. Or in the morning, the 7.15 chime was my snooze and 7.30 was the final alarm to get up.

Please don't say it will only be chiming at 6pm from now on :(

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Can't say I've noticed. I do however live near the church so I get to hear chiming bells quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Funny thread, can't please everyone!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72115069

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

:D

I guess I don't live quite as close to the clock as the OP in that thread does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I live relatively close to the tower and what a blessing this has been! Chiming every 15 minutes all through the night was absolutely ridiculous. The clock should always have been hourly chimes and there is definitely no need for chimes between the hours of 00:00 and 06:00.

Good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

Yeah, I don't really need to know when 15 minutes have passed when I'm deep in sleep; hopefully it remains hourly at the least!

After living off Leinster road for almost a year, its chiming has grown unnoticeable to me (much like the sound of planes passing overhead when I lived under Dublin Airport's flight path!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement