Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about going to college

• 25-04-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I'm in 5th year right now and I do 7 subjects and since it's your best 6 they mark you on the LC I was thinking about dropping French (If I'm allowed) but my question is, would I need French to get into certain colleges or courses? I don't have a certain course chosen but I want to do something in computing, I've looked on qualifax and it says nothing about french for any of them,m but the teachers say you would need it.

So what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

It's college dependent. I'm almost certain that you need a 3rd language to get into any of the NUI's (UCD, NUIG etc.) It's not a requirement for Trinity or DIT though and I'm not sure about the other colleges.

You should still keep it up though. To limit your options so early on isn't a very good idea, and you only need to get a OD3 as far as I know so it should be easy enough as long as you do a bit work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xMANIC

It's college dependent. I'm almost certain that you need a 3rd language to get into any of the NUI's (UCD, NUIG etc.) It's not a requirement for Trinity or DIT though and I'm not sure about the other colleges.

You should still keep it up though. To limit your options so early on isn't a very good idea, and you only need to get a OD3 as far as I know so it should be easy enough as long as you do a bit work.

One of my main reasons for wanting to leave was the oral, I don't want to do two when one is hard enough, also, I was thinking either DIT or NCI

Advertisement