Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP Eircom Broadband suddenly not working

Options
  • 25-04-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I wonder can someone help me. Over the last 2 days my eircom wireless keeps dropping off for long periods of time (working currently so hope it keeps up to the end of this post!) We got a new router only before Christmas and it has been working perfectly since but all of a sudden it's just started all this.

I have checked all the cables to ensure that everything is plugged in etc. and everything seems fine.

Can't use the wireless at all on my iPhone (won't work) but it works sometimes (like now) on my laptop.

Please help as its really annoying!!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder can someone help me. Over the last 2 days my eircom wireless keeps dropping off for long periods of time (working currently so hope it keeps up to the end of this post!) We got a new router only before Christmas and it has been working perfectly since but all of a sudden it's just started all this.

I have checked all the cables to ensure that everything is plugged in etc. and everything seems fine.

Can't use the wireless at all on my iPhone (won't work) but it works sometimes (like now) on my laptop.

Please help as its really annoying!!:(

Hi leahyl.

Thanks for post,

Before you may need to call into eircom Broadband Support, try the following quick broadband check first: Once you have established that your connection is fine, then we can try to advise you on connecting your other computer /or Apple (iPhone) device over wireless.

Broadband Check

This will help Technical Support define where any broadband or non-eircom related issue may lie.

Temporarily shut down (completely) all other computer devices while you're testing. Connect only one computer as advised on our broadband checklist below:

Broadband Check

This will isolate the connection and help Technical Support define where any broadband or non-eircom related issue may lie.

It is important to Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment (including PS3, Xbox or other computer devices). Connect the modem direct to the master phone socket. Remove any equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. If using your own private phone cable or equipment, temporarily replace this with eircom supplied Adsl (rj11) cable.

Remove the Adsl splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any local wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.Completing the Checklist (above) will ensure that you have tested the modem as advised by Technical Support. If you still need to call eircom Technical Support after this, please see contact information below.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, PM me with your case id (reference) and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement