Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Shop in Portarlington

Options
  • 25-04-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys just a bit of a rant here...

Was just down at our local video store and was looking to pick up a couple of movies to watch during this bad weather, the shop currently has a deal on which states buy 2 and get the 3rd free.. So off i go and pick out 3 bluray movies which were marker as 8euro each.. other titles on the shelf were from 8-15 euro but i picked 3 titles marked 8euro... Went to the checkout and the guy informs that one of the titles was actually 14euro and that he couldnt sell it to me at 8, so i stated that all copies of that movie were advertised at 8 euro so he then says well they were priced wrong and that he wouldnt sell it for 8 so either take it or leave it..

So after a bit of arguing i bought them and it came to 22euro.. so on the receipt it says one was 8euro the second was 10euro and then the 3rd was 14 euro.. Now is it me or are they taking the piss, this has happened a few times now to different people ive heard of... Surely this cant be right and their allowed to get away with it..?? :confused:

On looking at the receipt i asked for a refund and got the ' Yea whatever' comment... :mad:

Bleedn shop needs to get its finger out...

Anyway thanks for reading and check your receipts coming out of there..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

are you talking about xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 x_jaw

Well there's only one video shop left in Port so im not saying names... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

http://www.nca.ie/

I'll take one guess who served you. Handlebars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

x_jaw wrote: »
    Hi guys just a bit of a rant here...

Was just down at our local video store and was looking to pick up a couple of movies to watch during this bad weather, the shop currently has a deal on which states buy 2 and get the 3rd free.. So off i go and pick out 3 bluray movies which were marker as 8euro each.. other titles on the shelf were from 8-15 euro but i picked 3 titles marked 8euro... Went to the checkout and the guy informs that one of the titles was actually 14euro and that he couldnt sell it to me at 8, so i stated that all copies of that movie were advertised at 8 euro so he then says well they were priced wrong and that he wouldnt sell it for 8 so either take it or leave it..

So after a bit of arguing i bought them and it came to 22euro.. so on the receipt it says one was 8euro the second was 10euro and then the 3rd was 14 euro.. Now is it me or are they taking the piss, this has happened a few times now to different people ive heard of... Surely this cant be right and their allowed to get away with it..?? :confused:

On looking at the receipt i asked for a refund and got the ' Yea whatever' comment... :mad:

Bleedn shop needs to get its finger out...

Anyway thanks for reading and check your receipts coming out of there..

Terms and conditions apply..................did you read them all ?

Terms and conditions apply..................did you read them all ?

Terms and conditions apply where prices are correct, in this case the product was priced incorrectly days prior to me been there and today have been changed...

As for handle bars no it wasn't him, but the other arrogant staff member who seems to be inconvenienced by working there..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

most staff that ive encountered there have been absolutely fine..

but in the pricing issue, they arent duty bound to offer the advertised price...
    this has been dealt with many times on the 'consumer issues' part of ray darcys show

but good customer relations would say that some allowance be made for "their mistake".

Thanks for reply but some of the staff are fine but there are some that are quite rude if you ask them anything other than to take for your purchase..

And i agree there not under any obligation to sale stock if priced incorrectly but a bit of common sense and manners wouldn't go astray..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PatsyR

Am I being naive or is the rule not "the price you see is the price you pay" ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

PatsyR wrote: »
    Am I being naive or is the rule not "the price you see is the price you pay" ??

No, the price advertised is an invatition to purchase...........not an agreed price.

Advertisement