Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to pick up Physics?

• 25-04-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

One month to the LC, do you think it's possible?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

depends how much you want to succeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I want to be the very best, remembered as the underdog who received an A1.

I wouldn't bet against you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It will affect your results in your other subjects. Physics takes a lot of time and effort, good luck if you decide to try it, but I think you'll just be wasting time you could be spending studying for your other subjects.

finality wrote: »
    It will affect your results in your other subjects. Physics takes a lot of time and effort, good luck if you decide to try it, but I think you'll just be wasting time you could be spending studying for your other subjects.

Read his posts, someone with that kind of positive attitude will have no issue doing the hard work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I wouldn't advise trying it. It'd be difficult enough to revise a two year course in the next six weeks let alone start an entirely new one, especially one as difficult as the physics course.

But if your mind is already made up then good luck with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Physics is a fairly extensive and difficult course. Very heavy on maths too, so rote learning won't help.
    Also When I was doing the course (2006) we had a series of experiments that had to be carried out and recorded, so I doubt the school will let you change over without having these done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

you're taking the piss sir!

if you are already at A1 standard for all your other subjects, you could probably wrangle a C3 in physics at this stage if you are really good at honours maths/applied maths.

Practicals are "supposed" to be completed but they never, ever check up on that. Them checking lab books is like the "boogey man" invented to scare students into thinking they must be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

hollingr wrote: »
    Practicals are "supposed" to be completed but they never, ever check up on that. Them checking lab books is like the "boogey man" invented to scare students into thinking they must be done.

that's true, no one ever looked at my book but me, but would the school want to take the risk?

I'd like to ask the question 'why physics?'. Surely there's easier ways to get points in the ol' LC.
    Isn't there an agricultural science course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Guys, I may be wrong here but I'm quite sure that he's taking the piss

• Advertisement

Too late to sit the Ag. Oral!
    All my other courses have become stagnant at this point and I reckon Physics is a worthy challenge. It's just a book in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Obvious troll is obvious, but I'd say it's possible to get at least a C. There really isn't much to it, the log tables alone will see you through a large portion of the exam, and a lot of it is intuitive.

Could I sit the exam without opening a book, utilising the log book?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 franksarms

This lad is a hero.

I say feck the logbook, and go in with a broken pencil. you can make a calculator from desk materials and duct tape and be well on your way to that elusive A1

So do I just go in to the exam and not write anything? Will that be enough for the A?

if there are no further questions, then yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Jesus I came onto this thread thinking it was for next year's Leaving Cert, then I read the original post and realised it was a complete piss-take. But then I read through a load of posts taking the OP seriously, and nearly started thinking they were serious! :eek: Chrisht on a bike... :P

So why is Physics considered hard? Sounds handy.

Biology is filled with much adversity in comparison. I actually need to learn a diagram in Bio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    So why is Physics considered hard? Sounds handy.

Being serious for a second, I think I'd find Chemistry waaay harder than Physics. Physics is sound. It's just logic. And other complicated stuff that I don't know about...

• Advertisement

Chemistry is an intriguing but complex subject in some areas. Would redo the LC Chem course if I had to. I do regret not picking Physics the beginning of 5th yer however!

Now's my chance to shine.
    Gotta catch all As.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

reznov wrote: »
    So do I just go in to the exam and not write anything? Will that be enough for the A?

I get that this is a troll but come on, you could have at least made an effort, this wasn't amusing in the slightest.

I'm sorry? Am I here to appease? Want to take a stab at trolling with your unique sense of humour, be my guest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement