Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange upgrade

Options
  • 25-04-2012 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey I am wondering when the crookstown , cork exchange upgrade will be done as it is supposed to be upgraded to fiber for the so called "next generation network" . any ETA's on when it will be done.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hey I am wondering when the crookstown , cork exchange upgrade will be done as it is supposed to be upgraded to fiber for the so called "next generation network" . any ETA's on when it will be done.

Hi EoinD,

Thanks for your post.

I have checked upgrades and there are no plans to enable NGB this year in the Crookstown Exchange.

Please stay in touch and I will check this again in the future.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any plans for Kilcolgan in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

yes its not the next generation broadband ****e . but the fiber network that eircom are rolling out

yes its not the next generation broadband ****e . but the fiber network that eircom are rolling out

Hi EoinD,

Thanks. If you need any information on eircom Fibre Boadband, please see the following website :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

I don't have any specific information on Fibre broadband in your area. If your phone line does qualify now or in the future you will be contacted by the Fibre roll out team.

Best wishes,
    Ant

funnyname wrote: »
    Any plans for Kilcolgan in Galway?

Hi funnyname,

I don't have further information on the Kilcolgan exchange and there are no plans this year to upgrade this.

Keep in touch and I will check again in the future.

Regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

Hi funnyname,

I don't have further information on the Kilcolgan exchange and there are no plans this year to upgrade this.

Regards,
    Ant

Hi Ant,

Is it possible for you to confirm if/when Eircom intends to NGB enable the exchange connecting the apartments in Royal Canal Park (specifically the Compass Court South apartment complex) in Dublin 15 please? If an exact ETA can't be provided could you give an indication if it is expected to be done this year?

Rgds,
    Olewy

olewy wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

Is it possible for you to confirm if/when Eircom intends to NGB enable the exchange connecting the apartments in Royal Canal Park (specifically the Compass Court South apartment complex) in Dublin 15 please? If an exact ETA can't be provided could you give an indication if it is expected to be done this year?

Rgds,
    Olewy

Thanks olewy,

I've checked the local exchange (Pelletstown) and this is planned to be enabled for Next Generation broadband (NGB) by the end of this year. Currently customers on this exchange can avail of standard broadband up to 20Mb.

NGB upgrades are subject to local planned works and the roll out date may change.

If you need further information on eircom broadband packages, please see :

eircom Broadband

Or call Broadband Sales - 1800503303 - freefone

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

Thanks olewy,

I've checked the local exchange (Pelletstown) and this is planned to be enabled for Next Generation broadband (NGB) by the end of this year. Currently customers on this exchange can avail of standard broadband up to 20Mb.

NGB upgrades are subject to local planned works and the roll out date may change.

If you need further information on eircom broadband packages, please see :

eircom Broadband

Or call Broadband Sales - 1800503303 - freefone

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Ant,

Me again. Quick question: I entered my landline phone number on Eircom's website to see what broadband products are available to me & it came back with 3 packages, each of which were NGB-based, from 8Mb/s to 24Mb/s. I'm wondering though if this may have been a website mistake. Is it possible for you to reconfirm again re the status of Pelletstown exchange as regards NGB enablement? I can PM you my landline number if you need it to confirm for sure if NGB is available to me.

Rgds,
    Olewy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

olewy wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

Me again. Quick question: I entered my landline phone number on Eircom's website to see what broadband products are available to me & it came back with 3 packages, each of which were NGB-based, from 8Mb/s to 24Mb/s. I'm wondering though if this may have been a website mistake. Is it possible for you to reconfirm again re the status of Pelletstown exchange as regards NGB enablement? I can PM you my landline number if you need it to confirm for sure if NGB is available to me.

Rgds,
    Olewy

Hi Olewy,

Have checked this again for you and it seems Pelletstown is still planned for NGB before the end of this year. Not done as of yet though. PM the number anyway and I'll double check as I do know that more than 1 exchange could possibly be serving your area.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Hi there,

Have you any details on the upgrade works on the Oldtown exchange in Kilkenny? It's one of the remaining ones that is not even broadband enabled but there has been civil works ongoing for a while from Kilkenny out to there and it's in relation to bringing BB to this exchange. Any timeline for connections?

On-line checker throws up nothing of note.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

cargo wrote: »
    Hi there,

Have you any details on the upgrade works on the Oldtown exchange in Kilkenny? It's one of the remaining ones that is not even broadband enabled but there has been civil works ongoing for a while from Kilkenny out to there and it's in relation to bringing BB to this exchange. Any timeline for connections?

On-line checker throws up nothing of note.

Hi cargo,

At the moment we don't have a timeframe on the upgrade of Oldtown. It's not on the planned list for this year but that may have been due to the ongoing work you mentioned. Have sent a request for an update on this one as it may be outside of the normal plans.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Hi Ant,

If it's possible can you check whether or not the exchange at Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo is scheduled for an upgrade this year? if not do you have any information as to when this will likely take place?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi Ant,

If it's possible can you check whether or not the exchange at Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo is scheduled for an upgrade this year? if not do you have any information as to when this will likely take place?

Thanks in advance!

Hi sakimotosan

I have checked our updated NGB list which run up until the end of 2012 and I'm afraid there is no indication as to when or if the Kiltimagh exchange in co Mayo may be NGB enabled. However the list is subject to constant updates so check back any time for more information.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your prompt response, I will check again in the new year to see if there are any developments. :)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rif3r

Hi,

When will NGB be available in Royal Canal Park, in Ashtown, D15?

Rif3r wrote: »
    Hi,

When will NGB be available in Royal Canal Park, in Ashtown, D15?

Hi Rif3r

I have checked the Royal Canal Park area in Ashtown Dublin 15 and I can confirm it is now NGB enabled since 19 October 2012.

Regards
    Linda

Hi folks,

Regarding the proposed upgrade lists, is this information available online anywhere? I ask because it would be easier to check myself in future than annoying yourselves about it! :)

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Regarding the proposed upgrade lists, is this information available online anywhere? I ask because it would be easier to check myself in future than annoying yourselves about it! :)

Thanks!

Hi sakimotosan

I understand it may be easier for customer to check the availability themselves. However the exchanges and dates on the NGB roll out list can be subjected to change. As there are no guarantees we have been advised to check every individual query and give the best possible indication to the customer.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your prompt response. Is this list available online for the public to view? I am waiting to see when the Kiltimagh exchange will be upgraded and I understand it is not scheduled for 2012. The nearest parent exchange (Castlebar) is already upgraded so it will be good to see when this happens.

Thanks again.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your prompt response. Is this list available online for the public to view? I am waiting to see when the Kiltimagh exchange will be upgraded and I understand it is not scheduled for 2012. The nearest parent exchange (Castlebar) is already upgraded so it will be good to see when this happens.

Thanks again.

Hi sakimotosan

For the reasons outlined above I'm afraid the NGB roll out list cannot be view online. As the Kiltimagh exchange is not scheduled for 2012 we will receive a new list at the start of 2013 if you would like to check back then.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi sakimotosan

For the reasons outlined above I'm afraid the NGB roll out list cannot be view online. As the Kiltimagh exchange is not scheduled for 2012 we will receive a new list at the start of 2013 if you would like to check back then.

Regards
    Linda

hi Linda,

Happy new year to you! I was just wondering if the exchange upgrade plans have been established for 2013 and if Kiltimagh is one of them. Is so is there any time frame provisioned for this?

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi sakimotosan

Unfortunately there are no plans for the Kiltimagh exchange at this moment in time. I am sorry that i could not be the bearer of better news and I apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards

Al

Hi Al,

Thank you for getting back to me in such a timely matter.
    Do you know if the 2013 schedule has been finalised or is subject to change?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Got a caller to my door asking if I understood the letter I had gotten recently about broadband. I hadn't got one, but the crux of what he was talking about was that the local exchange (Sutton) would bu upgraded soon (in the next couple of weeks), but there wouldn't be any interruption to service. Thought the whole house call was a bit weird. Can you confirm if the timeline is correct for the exchange?

Hi sakimotosan

Although the 2013 schedule has been finalised plans are indeed subject to change.

Regards

Al

Hi tolosenc

I have looked into this and i can confirm that the sutton exchange is planned for fibre works in the next couple of weeks but fibre broadband will not be available to customers until the second half of 2013.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Hi tolosenc

I have looked into this and i can confirm that the sutton exchange is planned for fibre works in the next couple of weeks but fibre broadband will not be available to customers until the second half of 2013.

Regards

Al

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Hi funnyname,

Regards,
    Ant

Any change?

Hi funnyname

There has been no change in plans in relation to the Kilcolgan exchange, apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi Can you tell me if the moyvore exchange in Westmeath is due to go to fiber soon Thanks

Advertisement