Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Sholden wrote: »
    Radeon HD6850. Probably the best one you can get for that price or the 6870 for 30 euro more if you are willing to drop down the case but HD 6850 will probably play it on Full settings. And you could play new enough games at medium to low settings too.

Just for shiggles I ran the Crysis 2 benchmark at ultra settings, with high res textures, dx11, 4x AA and it didn't go below 55fps. This was using my OC'd 6850 at 1366x768. Using that as a basis, you could be fine dropping down to the 6770 or 7770 if you can find it for cheap. Hell, even the 6670 can pull it's weight at that resolution. And to think the PS3 and XboX can only reach 30fps... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

Eboggles wrote: »
    Just for shiggles I ran the Crysis 2 benchmark at ultra settings, with high res textures, dx11, 4x AA and it didn't go below 55fps. This was using my OC'd 6850 at 1366x768. Using that as a basis, you could be fine dropping down to the 6770 or 7770 if you can find it for cheap. Hell, even the 6670 can pull it's weight at that resolution. And to think the PS3 and XboX can only reach 30fps... :pac:

I thought PS3 and xbox were limited anyway?? And if they are using the 6850 it would be more future proof

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Ordered.:) got no graphics in the end:P

Ordered.:) got no graphics in the end:P

Hope it goes well for ya. :D

Sholden wrote: »
    Hope it goes well for ya. :D
    Building it shall be fun;):D

• Advertisement

I just read that the msi motherboard that I picked has poor overclocking capabilities. Should I change?

I just read that the msi motherboard that I picked has poor overclocking capabilities. Should I change?

Not sure but z77 are the best for overclocking at the moment but you could try asrock z77 pro3

Went with asrock in the end & got speakers added to the order too! Shipped from Germany today so hopefully will get it next wednesday or thursday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Yea their fairly fast dude. Mine shipped on a Tuesday about 2 weeks ago and was delivered the same Friday so only 4 days in transit! The DHL.de website didn't update for ages tho, it said the package was still in Germany right up until I got it. I was about to give up hoping it would arrive for the weekend when the An Post van pulled up outside! :)

Got everything today. :DOnly took an hour to get it together roughly to install windows, still lots of tidying left to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Post pics!

Okay guys I have just gotten around to installing the aftermarket cooler, which way should I put the fan in the case, as in which direction? Sideways, towards the bottom of the case, or towards the top of the case?:pac: I have taken all of the inside covers off the fractal for better cooling/air flow.

Advertisement