Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry question.

• 25-04-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have to do a poetry question on Thomas kinsella for my homework this evening and I was wondering could someone clear something up for me.

We have studied four of his poems in detail but I can only really find relevant points to answer the question in three of them, would I be better to throw in one half assed paragraph about the fourth poem or just deal with the three that really apply to the answer?

I've a funny feeling I'll be marked down if I only deal with three poems but I can easily fill four pages with the three and don't want to put meaningless waffle that I can't develop into my answer!

Any ideas guys? I'd really appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think you should go learn 2 more poems. 4 is very few especially if they don't fit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I think you should go learn 2 more poems. 4 is very few especially if they don't fit together.

4 is all our teacher is doing on kinsella but I see your point, I'll probably study one or two more myself just to use as a support because I think you're totally right. It does seem like way too little, even though one of the poems is 95 lines long and I could go on about it for years!

Advertisement