Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wesley College Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its a private boarding and day school with a methodist* ethos. Lots of facilities and extra-curricular stuff there but you do certainly pay for it. Seems to be a good school.

*Think so anyway, definitely a protestant denomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Its a private boarding and day school with a methodist* ethos. Lots of facilities and extra-curricular stuff there but you do certainly pay for it. Seems to be a good school.

*Think so anyway, definitely a protestant denomination.

Yes, it's Methodist: the clue is in the name.

I imagine that the number of Methodists in the school is relatively small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 truesmiles

Yes

Scheming Bohemia, could you tell me what you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I'm not sure about the 'ethos' of Wesley, but there's definitely only a tiny amount that are students in the college (would make sense given the tiny amount of methodists in the country as a whole). From a couple of friends I have who went to school there (would've left 10 years ago) there was a relatively large amount of foreign students, and students of different religions. There seems to be a huge emphasis on diverse activities, so none of your two sports and debating. It's also on pretty nice grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

truesmiles wrote: »
    Scheming Bohemia, could you tell me what you know?

Why do you want to know about it? Specifically, what are you hoping to learn here that you can't get from the school's website, or other sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

truesmiles wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about the secondary school in Dublin16, Ballinteer? I've just been accepted into the school but I don't know much about it. All I know is that:
    ~it's a methodist school
    ~it's one of the top schools in Ireland http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/about-school-league-tables
    ~they won the all island school choir competition last year.

I really need to know more! :)

Why did you apply to a school you don't know about?

What do you want to know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It costs a good few shillings to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

i went to wesley college but did my leaving back in 1995. while it is a methodist or protestant scholl, it is very much multi denominational.

facilities and and extra cirricular activities are great. i really enjoyed my time there.

i really benefitted from going to a mixed school as well. much better than all boy or all girl schools

• Registered Users Posts: 5 allcosgrave

Great school

• Advertisement
Advertisement