Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Depressing

• 25-04-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭

In case anyone hasn't been out side today its a cold wet day.

A guy called to the door earlier with something from the Irish heart foundation
    he didn't even try to sell me anything half way through his talk he said sorry for disturbing you and went on his way.

It was lashing rain he has a light jacked, no umbrella, the wrong soft of shoes for the rain, he looked completely miserable.

How dose anyone do this job and do people really buy or sign up for stuff from someone who calls door to door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I hope the dictionary guy calls to your door soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

mariaalice wrote: »
    and do people really buy or sign up for stuff from someone who callers to the door.
    No. They might knock, but leave when they see the sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

he didn't even try to sell me anything half way through his talk he said sorry for disturbing you and went on his way.

It was lashing rain he has a light jacked, no umbrella, the wrong soft of shoes for the rain, he looked completely miserable.

How dose anyone do this job and do people really buy or sign up for stuff from someone who callers to the door.

he was a scammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

and after yesterday it's particularly depressing. You don't even have to have s.a.d. to figure that out.. but then this isn't even the season anyhow so it's even more particularly cold and depressing!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Life goes on even in the rain.
    Was out in it for hours taking care of horses.

Was in full waterproof gear still got soaked to the bone, thankless animals. I battered my way through a storm to get those bastards inside and I get nothing ... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

He was probably looking for the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The JWs call and leave their magazines with a little speech. I thank the ladies nicely, close the door and recycle the mags. They think we are avid readers so they don't bother to convert or convince us. Win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Because all the foreigners have taken all the good jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

How dose anyone do this job and do people really buy or sign up for stuff from someone who calls door to door.

*Eye twitch.

He does it because he doesn't have any other choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Sappa wrote: »
    Because all the foreigners have taken all the good jobs.

There we go..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Life goes on even in the rain.
    Was out in it for hours taking care of horses.

Was in full waterproof gear still got soaked to the bone, thankless animals. I battered my way through a storm to get those bastards inside and I get nothing ... :pac:

Fcukers. Send them to the knacker's yard one by one. That'll learn 'em some manners. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

The other day I was talking to a guy who did it for a while. He said you get used to it after a few days. It all depends on the person I suppose, if you're easy to get on with and the odd slammed door doesn't faze you it wouldn't be too bad. There are way worse jobs out there! I can't see myself liking the commission aspect to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ugh strange he wasn't dressed for the weather doing that kind of outdoor work in Ireland..
    So no I don't feel that bad for him at all, I do feel bad for the roma gypsy child who was made to call to my door and he was obviously embarrassed and had no choice :(

Now thats not me making a point about "dem foreingors" because not so long ago another young Irish child came up to me on the dart with a fake school fundraiser sheet, when I got off I saw her mother telling her to run back to her carriage as she had done the whole train, when I said no sorry I saw that it hurt the child, I do have sympathy for people who are not meant to do cold sales work for charities but every adult has the choice to do that kind of work and its their fault if they are not prepared or can't take the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

In the West (Galway) it rains just about all the time all year round. Today is only as depressing weather wise as any other day.
    I assume most of the rest of Ireland is nearly as bad save the south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

I thought yesterday was depressing, boring clear sky, empty. Today was full of atmosphere; wind and rain. I love this weather.

Advertisement