Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc build

Options
  • 25-04-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hey all could somebody suggest a build for this

1. What is your budget? [€n/a see what you got , just cheep but see end of post]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? an old Paraell pc, dont think case would work

5. Do you need a monitor? [price on one , not buying it now but 18-22' ]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Specs here Want to have this run with a new screen in the future, ie 2 screens

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? n/a

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? /No]

8. How can you pay? [Laser/paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [month or so]

i am specific but i want it to last and for the best compatible to run linux and games
    the graphics chip must be nvidia.
    processor intel 3.4gb +
    hard drive- 500gb but cheep or 320gbx2 +
    build myself
    cheep ass case
    not paying 3% for paypal checkout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just fill this out, I can't understand a word of what you wrote.

You seem to have very very specific requests, why not just let someone here spec up the best possible thing inside your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Need a budget to work to,otherwise we could waste 20minutes laying out something you can't afford.
    Basically how much are you comfortable spending.

Also limiting yourself with CPU and GPU specs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Need a budget to work to,otherwise we could waste 20minutes laying out something you can't afford.
    Basically how much are you comfortable spending.

Also limiting yourself with CPU and GPU specs

gun to my head , what can you make between 500 -650
    dont care about appearance what so ever, effervescence on cpu and gpu

does anybody know any good sites even.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could read a few of the other threads on this forum to get a better idea. You can't expect people to help you when you've made no effort.

• Advertisement

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€189.79
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€31.61
    XFX RADEON HD 6870 900M 1GB DDR5, 2 x MINI-DP, 2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI|€145.93
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€81.59
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€52.00
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.72
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€34.67
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€84.45
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€655.75

There.
    Best site you're gonna get, do a bank transfer if you don't want to pay 3% tax, simple.

If you want to save some money, you could drop the GPU to a 6850, that'll save roughly 30euro.
    Drop the CPU to a i5 2400, and the motherboard to a H61 that'll save you another 40-50.

Only thing you'll lose from the CPU and Mobo downgrade, is overclocking ability.
    Whilst I would recommend sticking with the i5 2500k + Z68 for a much longer lifespan, if you really want to cheapen it they are you options.

If you want to save some money, you could drop the GPU to a 6850, that'll save roughly 30euro.
    Drop the CPU to a i5 2400, and the motherboard to a H61 that'll save you another 40-50.

Only thing you'll lose from the CPU and Mobo downgrade, is overclocking ability.
    Whilst I would recommend sticking with the i5 2500k + Z68 for a much longer lifespan, if you really want to cheapen it they are you options.[/QUOTE]

i like the motherboard ,looks very good at that price , i think i might up the cpu to an i7 and change the graphics card as i need a vga out

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

bpb101 wrote: »
    i like the motherboard ,looks very good at that price , i think i might up the cpu to an i7 and change the graphics card as i need a vga out thanks again

dude no point upgrading to i7 all you'll get is hyper threading (which will be no benefit for gaming at the moment) and .1 ghz which can be achieved by overclocking.

to be honest I don't think you'll find a good gpu which has vga may have to go for dvi to vga adapter...

also the op stated that he prefers nvidia gpu so go for the gtx 560 maybe.. but as far as i can see this costs a little extra than the 6870

U_Fig wrote: »
    also the op stated that he prefers nvidia gpu so go for the gtx 560 maybe.. but as far as i can see this costs a little extra than the 6870

560Ti costs extra and is a little better, but 560 is worse.
    6870 is the best GPU for this budget, fanboyism is thrown out the window, go with the best you can fit in the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Most GPU's (both my 6870's aswell) came with a VGA to DVI adapter.

• Advertisement

the reason i want it nvidia is because they have better support for linux ,
    i heard ati don't do good support and i would have to have open source drivers

Advertisement