Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are people going to think of me?

• 25-04-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I want people's opinions and advice if you have any and something light-hearted all the same so posting it here instead of PI.

Last year I got involved briefly with a man who ended up being a headwreck giving empty promises and imo with his lack of actions a liar. Leaving me in anticipation which built up into frustration when there was nothing there from him. He eventually came back to propose another hook up and I brought things up about his promises and he had an excuse for not fulfilling them. He knew I was annoyed. I was left with a false hope that maybe he would continue with his promises or follow it up with some sort of an action but there was nothing there from him.

My mind was so messed up from all this and I fell into a downwards pit and eventually copping that my leg was pulled. I couldn't figure out why. Imo there is no place for lies.

Anyways I transmitted my annoyance, frustration and black mind back at him in the form of nasty, insulting messages and it was very severe. When others wrong on me I take it in my stride but in this case I snapped and snapped hard. I handled the situation all wrong. I bottled up all these feelings and instead of reaching out, I threw it all back at him. I had that done to me many times where after an arguement the other person throws insults and I know it does nothing. Solves nothing and makes everything worse.

I can't stop locking myself away from the outside world and I need to make an effort to start going out again. However we have some mutual acquaintances and I am terrified of making that step forward.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

What's the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Move in with me, my bed is half empty and I'm a clingy bastard who will fucking REFUSE to let you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

What's the question?
    What are people going to think of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What's the question?

"What are people going to think of me?"

OP, I admire you for opening up in the manner you have, but I think this would probably be better being moved to PI as I wouldn't expect a great many serious replies here.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I fear I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

It sounds like you're trying to make something out of a big pile of nothing.

My advice: chill*

*do people still say chill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I was deathly serious, Moo. Deathly. In fact, I am already tracking Mucky down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

These spam threads are getting more complicated. There's not even a link to the hot sister's dress now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

What was the promise he broke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

So you're a female who fell for the tricks of a bloke who promised a lot and delivered very little?

They'll think...you're exactly the same as every other girl out there who no doubt has done the same at some stage.

Or maybe they'll think you're a dirty auld huuuer, but people can be cruel for no reason sometimes. So don't mind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Move in with me, my bed is half empty and I'm a clingy bastard who will fucking REFUSE to let you go.

Herr Fritzl, we thought we made it clear, you are not allowed ANY visitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

if you have mutual acquaintances and are not talking to them then all they are hearing is his side of it, so tell yours. Messy break ups happen and most people are happy just to mind their own business and not get involved in stuff like this so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

What was the promise he broke?

He said, I wont eat crisps in bed... THE BASTARD ATE CRACKERS INSTEAD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

people don't care.

Maybe you made him a gammy sandwich ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I want people's opinions and advice if you have any and something light-hearted all the same so posting it here instead of PI.

Last year I got involved briefly with a man who ended up being a headwreck giving empty promises and imo with his lack of actions a liar. Leaving me in anticipation which built up into frustration when there was nothing there from him. He eventually came back to propose another hook up and I brought things up about his promises and he had an excuse for not fulfilling them. He knew I was annoyed. I was left with a false hope that maybe he would continue with his promises or follow it up with some sort of an action but there was nothing there from him.

My mind was so messed up from all this and I fell into a downwards pit and eventually copping that my leg was pulled. I couldn't figure out why. Imo there is no place for lies.

Anyways I transmitted my annoyance, frustration and black mind back at him in the form of nasty, insulting messages and it was very severe. When others wrong on me I take it in my stride but in this case I snapped and snapped hard. I handled the situation all wrong. I bottled up all these feelings and instead of reaching out, I threw it all back at him. I had that done to me many times where after an arguement the other person throws insults and I know it does nothing. Solves nothing and makes everything worse.

I can't stop locking myself away from the outside world and I need to make an effort to start going out again. However we have some mutual acquaintances and I am terrified of making that step forward.

Let me get this right, A guy filled you with lies, false hope and promises. You then sent a few nasty messages? if that's it hold your head up high and fcuk what anyone thinks, meaning its not you your "mutual acquaintances" will think is a dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Move on, OP....I'd imagine he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mucky.Bucky

leggo wrote: »
    So you're a female who fell for the tricks of a bloke who promised a lot and delivered very little?

They'll think...you're exactly the same as every other girl out there who no doubt has done the same at some stage.
    I was severely fcuked crazy though. Doubt anybody would have been as fcuked as I was. I was cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

OP- just ask yourself will all this matter in five years time, if the answer is no then stop worrying!

If the answer is yes i dunno what to say coz i always answer no! The majority of stuff that seems to matter now will never still be an issue in five years time so why spend so much time worrying about it now. It just ruins your day and doesn't help what will happen one bit.

Im assuming i should be giving a witty AH answer but I got nothin- what will the people of AH think of me!

Lesbianism is the way to go, at least with girls you know where you stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

That`s your dilemma,quit feeling sorry for yourself and forget about what others think of you,there are folks with disfigurements who face the world every day with a smile because they just don`t give a **** what others think of them but rather value what they think of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mucky.Bucky

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Let me get this right, A guy filled you with lies, false hope and promises. You then sent a few nasty messages? if that's it hold your head up high and fcuk what anyone thinks, meaning its not you your "mutual acquaintances" will think is a dope.
    A few hundred maybe. I didn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I was severely fcuked crazy though. Doubt anybody would have been as fcuked as I was. I was cruel.

For gods sake delete this post before Bipolarjoe sees it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, please use Personal Issues forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement