Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps for this that and the other.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

alarmdroid (which makes you do a maths sum before u can turn off your alarm in the morning.)

*installs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Stiffler2 wrote: »

Yawn... I presume you're also a big fan of Alex Jones too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Dont worry OP, everyone who gets smartphone goes mad on downloading apps the first few weeks then realises they never actually use them.

Did it myself tbh but in fairness the only thing that I use on my smartphone in any meaning full way that I couldnt on my previous phone is the browser.

A good camera with a flash, a good brwser, send / recive sms, multi alarms etc is all you really need. Apps are side notes really and not game changing. Generally you see some new function added to phones that is every day useful like colour screens and cameras etc the last addition was the full browser (sorry iOS) hence smart phones. Whats more intersting is what could be the next big addition. Id love to see micro projectors become the norm added to handsets.Some obscure handsets have them and there are after market add ons that do it but proper quality built in ones becoming the norm would be brill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hightower1 wrote: »
    Dont worry OP, everyone who gets smartphone goes mad on downloading apps the first few weeks then realises they never actually use them.

Did it myself tbh but in fairness the only thing that I use on my smartphone in any meaning full way that I couldnt on my previous phone is the browser.

A good camera with a flash, a good brwser, send / recive sms, multi alarms etc is all you really need. Apps are side notes really and not game changing. Generally you see some new function added to phones that is every day useful like colour screens and cameras etc the last addition was the full browser (sorry iOS) hence smart phones. Whats more intersting is what could be the next big addition. Id love to see micro projectors become the norm added to handsets.Some obscure handsets have them and there are after market add ons that do it but proper quality built in ones becoming the norm would be brill.

the samsung beam is on the way, that has a projector on it:

I dont get why people buy smartphones and then turn off the data functions, why bother buying a smartphone then? you're missing out on most of the features of the phone, and if you just want it for calls and texts then a 30 quid nokia will do the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

krudler wrote: »
    I dont get why people buy smartphones and then turn off the data functions, why bother buying a smartphone then? you're missing out on most of the features of the phone, and if you just want it for calls and texts then a 30 quid nokia will do the same thing

To use the data functions around wifi.

To use apps that don't need wifi, or can be used with a wifi ad-hoc connection.

To experience luxury (most retarded reason, but it's a nice reason).

It's not most people's fault that the mobile operators charge through the hoop for good data plans (besides Three).
    Have to make up for the loss of the SMS snare somehow, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

kincsem wrote: »
    I don't have a phone.
    Me either.

sent from my iphone

I've a few apps, but the ones I nose at most would be F1 and carzone. I must do a clear out though, crap on it I don't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Most of my apps are photography apps. Then a few social apps and games. Temple run helps kill my battery on a daily basis.

One that stands out the most is photoswap. Send a random pic and get a random pic back. Within 30 mins of downloading I received 5/6 random pics of penises so I decided it wasn't for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Angry birds was fun for a while, navigation app has come in handy, so many really fun for hours. Love my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My favourite app is the boards app.

Oh wait . . . . . :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

smash wrote: »
    Most of my apps are photography apps. Then a few social apps and games. Temple run helps kill my battery on a daily basis.

One that stands out the most is photoswap. Send a random pic and get a random pic back. Within 30 mins of downloading I received 5/6 random pics of penises so I decided it wasn't for me :D
    Cocks you say?

*licks lips*

Kiera wrote: »
    Cocks you say?

*licks lips*
    Well there's an app for everything! Except naked women it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Could someone write a 'Where's my féckin phone' app?

earpiece wrote: »
    Could someone write a 'Where's my féckin phone' app?
    Like 'find my phone' that comes pre installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiera wrote: »
    Cocks you say?

*licks lips*
    Well there's an app for everything! Except naked women it seems

No but there is mobile sites ;)

No but there is mobile sites ;)
    meh. Amateur or nothing

Edit: how did I forget tumblr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Kindle App:it sincs with my kindle and go's to the last page read, how cool is that

Winamp: It plays FLAC files

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

The ones I use the most are photobucket, adverts, sky news, draw something ( wish I hadn't found that ) and for all us ladies the period diary :)

Facebook app is awful.

Company worth so much and they put out such a glitchy slow app.

Facebook app is awful.

Facebook app is just the mobile Facebook website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I don't have a smart phone either.

I have a Nokia 1616 which can be bought outright for €24.
    A basic phone, I get a bit of stick for having it.
    It's basically a speaker, microphone and some buttons glued on to a battery.
    Camera and app's?; forget about it.

One online review of the Nokia 1616 said "this could make an ideal gift for an elderly relative or young child", and yeah presumably it could, that is if you hated your elderly relative and saw them more as an enemy and someone who you'd like to humiliate. Or buy it for your child, if you wished to have your child labelled a fcuking doubebag by their friends.

I'm so broke atm I fear I'm going to be lumbered with this hateful reptile for a few more years.

• Advertisement

Facebook app is awful.

Facebook app is just the mobile Facebook website.

Yeah like the iPhone gmail app. But it's slower for some reason

Advertisement