Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing threads made on your account

Options
  • 25-04-2012 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,
    People from college got into my account a few times and made weird threads as a joke.
    Was just wondering how can I remove them?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Have you asked the Mods of the relevant forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Got into", as in account was left open?
    I'm sure mods can be accommodating but do take note that you are responsible for what's posted under your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Also how long is it before you cant edit your own post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Also how long is it before you cant edit your own post?
    I believe it's 48hrs. I'm open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I believe it's 48hrs. I'm open to correction though.

Cheers, also when did you become an afterhours mod? does this mean you have to be less smarmy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Cheers, also when did you become an afterhours mod? does this mean you have to be less smarmy?

It gets beaten out of them at the initiation process. They get paddled by all the other mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

biko wrote: »
    "Got into", as in account was left open?
    I'm sure mods can be accommodating but do take note that you are responsible for what's posted under your username.

Thats a bit unfair or harsh even, same thing happened to me recently enough, I had to ring a mod friend and get them to siteban me. Friends were in my apartment, I had to leave them to rescue a broken down car and they went to town on my boards and facebook. They also removed my bathroom door and put deep heat in the shower head. It's all good fun and nothing that can't be fixed though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Gary ITR wrote: »
    put deep heat in the shower head.

Whatever about the boards account and the fraping - deep heat in the shower head is sheer genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Thats a bit unfair or harsh even, same thing happened to me recently enough...

It's not harsh, it is included in our terms of use that you agreed to when signing up. you're accountable for all going ons with your account.

http://www.boards.ie/terms/ see specifically point 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Thats a bit unfair or harsh even, same thing happened to me recently enough...

It's not harsh, it is included in our terms of use that you agreed to when signing up. you're accountable for all going ons with your account.

http://www.boards.ie/terms/ see specifically point 5.

I think the point being made is that sometimes, sh1t happens. Who hasn't been fraped? Loving the deep heat though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

yes, we've all been there, but we're the only ones that can prevent it.

untick remember me, have your laptop/pc lock after a minute, ignorance or trusting your friends - friends term is used loosely here - isn't an excuse if fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Friends were in my apartment, I had to leave them to rescue a broken down car and they went to town on my boards and facebook. They also removed my bathroom door and put deep heat in the shower head.

Such japes! I'm surprised they omitted this classic.

Untitled1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

MugMugs wrote: »
    Who hasn't been fraped?

People smart enough to log out if there's a chance someone else will use the same machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Orion wrote: »
    Whatever about the boards account and the fraping - deep heat in the shower head is sheer genius :D

I like to think of myself as an evil genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sarky wrote: »
    People smart enough to log out if there's a chance someone else will use the same machine.

My machine was working away doing something and I had to leave in a hurry, nothing to do with not being smart enough
    Quazzie wrote: »
    I like to think of myself as an evil genius :D

Hows your 3 wheeled car?

My machine was working away doing something and I had to leave in a hurry, nothing to do with not being smart enough

Two clicks. It's not time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Two clicks. It's not time consuming.
    Pfft, using your mouse!? That takes forever. "Windows key + L" ftw

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I find it's easier to just lock the laptop. No one knows the password but me.

So that's three ways that take less than 5 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

So that's three ways that take less than 5 seconds.

Yes at that proves no one should get fraped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement