Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to PO Box

Options
  • 25-04-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently in the middle of setting up my own online retail business from home. I want to comply with all the rules and regulations there are and don't want to e caught out in any way.

I've been looking at the guideline that citizens information give to consumers who are buying online and they say that the consumer should have the sellers name and address.

As I'm doing this from home I'm a bit reluctant to be giving out my home address to anyone that happens to look at the site. I've been looking at the costs of PO Boxes and the prices are huge.

Can anyone give me some advice or is anyone using another method that they find works ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,435 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Use a business centre, serviced office or similar. In Rathmines there are a few businesses that offer private PO boxes.

I didn't think PO boxes cost that much - I presume you will only be getting letters, although I suppose you also have to account for returned goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Thanks for replying Victor, for a small start up like mine the PO Box fees are out of my reach, it's the fact that you have to sign up for 6 months minimum.

Yes you are correct - I would be using it for returned items as well so I will have a look into those alternatives you suggested.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some companies will not sell to a company using a PO Box. If you don't pay your invoices how do they get in touch with you.

Hi Gloomtastic - this PO Box would be used for my website and as a contact address for my customers, I don't intend to use it if I was buying as a customer with someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

http://www.dublinbusinesscentre.ie/

20euro + vat a month for use of business address.

I hope that helps

• Advertisement

Thanks capefear - I will have a look into that

Advertisement