Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a moped

• 25-04-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi I live in Italy and have decided to purchase a scooter. I have no real experience of them, I always owned cars in Ireland, and as it is very much a scooter culture here I have been getting very diverse advice from people on what model to buy. I am looking at picking u a 150cc and was thinking about a Kymco People or a Honda SR. Does anybody have any experience of either of these bikes and can you recommend the relative merits and cons of each. Saving that, is there even another model you could recommend? I will not be looking to be bombing around at great speed on it and it will only be for city use.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Heya, congratzalationi! Your lifee is about to get a lot more convenient.

I'd go for Honda all the way. Had done for the last 10years.

My ex mechanic told me that Aprilia were a nightmare to work on (might have changed). Don't know about Piagio etc but I'd defo stay away from the chinese scooters.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Cheers. Somebody offered me an Aprilla at a good price recently. Good to know that they are not easily maintained. The Honda SH seems to get a good write up from what I have read. Is 150 cc too powerful to start off with? I am looking in that bracket because insurance wise here it is the cheapest to insure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

nope, bikes only go as fast as you let them (the exception being sports bikes. They're built to go quick)

Maybe Aprilia have improved. Maybe pop into a shop that has many manuf. and ask them to recommend a manufacturer.

You'd be frustrated with a 50cc so I reckon that 150cc will keep you happy for a while (city riding).

Advertisement