Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webmail settings

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi there i was just wondering does anybody know the setting for the eircom eebmail service. Im trying to set it up on my android tablet but it does not seem to work wiht the details in can get from googleing,

I need the incoming and outgoing ports and adresses

Thanks ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi there i was just wondering does anybody know the setting for the eircom eebmail service. Im trying to set it up on my android tablet but it does not seem to work wiht the details in can get from googleing,

I need the incoming and outgoing ports and adresses

Thanks ryan

Cheers Ryan,

The eircom Email Server and port settings are as below :

E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net (port 110)
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net (port 25)

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

Specifically, when setting up your android tablet device, make sure, if you are connecting through eircom, that you choose the correct outgoing mailserver port. In eircom's case this is port 25. There should be no need to type in a port number for the POP3 server, though if asked, this is on port 110.

If you are not using eircom to connect to the Internet on your Tablet, then you should contact your Internet provider and request their outgoing mailserver - SMTP.

There is no need to select SSL option when using eircom Webmail and connected to the Internet through eircom. You may have to select the option 'None' if asked to choose what email security or authenication you require.

If you need further technical assistance please contact your Android or smartPhone manufacturer /phone provider.

eircom Technical Support can also help you with your eircom email Account settings:

Technical Support - 1890260260 freefone - 8am -10pm (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Thanks ant those worked perfectly .

Advertisement