Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central bank closed on 1st may

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Important Note: Due to the European Central Banks being closed on 1st May 2012, all transactions in euro to other banks, which have a business date of 30th April 2012, including all Open24 transactions performed from 6pm on Friday 27th April to 6pm on Monday 30th April, will not reach the receiving Bank until Wednesday 2nd May 2012. Transactions processed on the business day of 1st May will reach the receiving Bank on 2nd May. We apologise for this delay which is outside of our control.
    This was posted on TSB site.

Ok maybe i'm being a bit thick it is past my bedtime :o:o but does this mean my wages due to go into the bank on the 30th will now not be there until 2nd? If so why as the banks aren't closed on that day? And if i use my card over the weekend will it still put an immediate hold on whatever i spend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

I'd say your salary will be in your bank account tomorrow. Whenever the day I get paid falls on a weekend, it's in my account on the Friday. Your employer would need to submit the payroll file to bank a few days before payment date anyway.

Advertisement