Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 100 Wireless Inertia Sensor Problem

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Europlex Signet 100 installed with Signet Wireless Shock Sensors on all windows. My problem is that one sensor in particular keeps triggering the alarm. I think what is causing the problem is the sensor is on a wooden window and when the weather changes that perhaps the window expands a little and the sensor picks it up.

What I would like to know is if there is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor?. I have looked through the instruction manual and have looked through the menus on the keypad but haven't been able to figure it out.

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I have to keep inhibiting the sensor to guarantee that the system won't be triggered constantly.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has this been happening since it was installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

It happened on and off but seems to be getting more frequent

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

May be the actual sensor itself so. How long is it in?

It was installed about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

aka_alex wrote: »
    Hi, I have a Europlex Signet 100 installed with Signet Wireless Shock Sensors on all windows. My problem is that one sensor in particular keeps triggering the alarm. I think what is causing the problem is the sensor is on a wooden window and when the weather changes that perhaps the window expands a little and the sensor picks it up.

What I would like to know is if there is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor?. I have looked through the instruction manual and have looked through the menus on the keypad but haven't been able to figure it out.

I would appreciate any help on this matter as I have to keep inhibiting the sensor to guarantee that the system won't be triggered constantly.

Many thanks.

The unit may have a problem but try calibrating it before replacing.

To do this put the jumper link on the calibration link. If it is the older square shape sensor, it will be the link closest to the reed.
    Press the tamper spring once.
    Give the window frame a good bang with the end of a screw driver, wait 10 seconds and then repeat the process a good few times.
    Press the tamper spring once again to complete.
    Remove the link and see if that sorts the problem.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Altor. Do I have to do anything on the keypad for to carry out this process?. I know I will have to put the system into full engineer mode before opening the sensor.

You could try re calibrating the sensor.
    Ill PM you the manual for that sensor.

Thanks for the reply Altor. Do I have to do anything on the keypad for to carry out this process?. I know I will have to put the system into full engineer mode before opening the sensor.

Your welcome.
    If you have the engineer code then put the system in engineering, if not when you open the sensor just put your code in on the keypad to silence the alarm.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the help guys. Ive been off line for a few days so am only getting back to you now. I will have a go at it over the weekend and will let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Thanks for the help guys. Ive been off line for a few days so am only getting back to you now. I will have a go at it over the weekend and will let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Your welcome,
    Dont forget to remove the link when finished calibrating or the sensor wont work.

• Advertisement

Well Guys, I recalibrated the sensor last weekend as suggested and so far so good, not one false alarm yet, fingers crossed that it will remain that way. Many thanks for all your help and I will keep you informed if it acts up again.

It should be fine. They are generally very reliable.

Well Guys, I recalibrated the sensor last weekend as suggested and so far so good, not one false alarm yet, fingers crossed that it will remain that way. Many thanks for all your help and I will keep you informed if it acts up again.

Thats great aka_alex, if it has not gone off I would hope that is what was causing the problem since it was installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

Anyone know if I can change the batteries myself or do I have to pay for the engineer to come out? If so, which batteries do I use?

Thanks!

Easy enough to do yourself.
    I'd recommend changing them all together.
    This gives you a list of all the batteries.

lola1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can change the batteries myself or do I have to pay for the engineer to come out? If so, which batteries do I use?

Thanks!

What batteries need replacing?
    Contacts CR 2
    Inertia/contacts are LS240
    Motions are CR123.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

Many thanks to both of you for your help. Will get some spare batteries now.

lola1 wrote: »
    Many thanks to both of you for your help. Will get some spare batteries now.

Your welcome, any other problems you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 robbie83

i have a similar
    problem mine just stopped findin the mrc on sid door any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

Have you tried replacing the battery that is in that missing device?

• Advertisement

wat do i do if sensor will not be recognised by panel the reed still clicks just will not st alarm off at all

robbie83 wrote: »
    wat do i do if sensor will not be recognised by panel the reed still clicks just will not st alarm off at all

Is the light on the sensors lighting up when you open and close the device?
    Does the sensor work in walk test?

altor wrote: »
    Is the light on the sensors lighting up when you open and close the device?
    Does the sensor work in walk test?

The light keeps flashin alright no idea how to put it in walk test mode

The light keeps flashin alright no idea how to put it in walk test mode

Sounds like the sensor has stopped communicating with the system as opposed to stopping working. Have seen this a lot with newer Visonic contacts over the years. Have you the engineer code to try delete the sensor off the system an try re-enroll it to see if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Those sensors can become faulty over time, I've swapped out enough of them to know.
    My guess is that the frequency slips over time and it falls out of the range of the panel

I think I have the engineer code with paperwork some where alright is it an easy job to do thanks for even helpin this far

I think I have the engineer code with paperwork some where alright is it an easy job to do thanks for even helpin this far

Go into engineering, scroll to wireless, scroll to remove device, select device to remove. Then scroll to add to add the sensor back in by tamper.

Go into engineering, scroll to wireless, scroll to remove device, select device to remove. Then scroll to add to add the sensor back in by tamper.

U are a staran nice one will give it a go the weekend thanks a mil

U are a staran nice one will give it a go the weekend thanks a mil

More than happy to help, let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement

If I ever find u there is a few points in me pal

Advertisement