Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF is wrong with Leo Varadkar's Hands???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nodin wrote: »
    1st class degree in Commerce, qualified chartered accountant, qualified Barrister.
    Take a guess before clicking/hovering

And
    One thing charley was, among many things, was a very capable politician. I personally believe he was corrupt because he was allowed to be. That has changed now (I hope).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

44leto wrote: »
    And
    One thing charley was, among many things, was a very capable politician. I personally believe he was corrupt because he was allowed to be. That has changed now (I hope).

O he was very capable, and a very cultured man. He was also bent as a fiddlers elbow, and capable of ferocious vendettas over minor matters in a way that puts many a brain damaged knuckle dragging thug to shame. Esssentially you can't judge a book by the qualifications, or something.

O he was very capable, and a very cultured man. He was also bent as a fiddlers elbow, and capable of ferocious vendettas over minor matters in a way that puts many a brain damaged knuckle dragging thug to shame. Esssentially you can't judge a book by the qualifications, or something.

I don't disagree, but that was then, this is now. Personally i would triple the wages of our TDs to attract Ireland's most qualified people.

I know qualis doesn't always make the best politicians but a lack of them and intelligence makes the worse.

I don't disagree, but that was then, this is now. ...............

You'll find human nature hasn't changed in the interim.

You'll find human nature hasn't changed in the interim.

But the press has, back then the press was virtually FF as was RTE. Politicians are scrutinised now, every media outlet, and there are many, wants the scoop on corruption.

Even this media outlet criticises and scrutinises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

smash wrote: »
    Nothing really except he could have done anything, yet he chose public service.

I think he went to medical college, but not sure.

Then why isn't he a doctor earning more money instead of pissing people off and screwing people over?

Pretty sure a ministerial wage is higher than what a 33 year old doctor earns. Longterm theres probably not much in the difference

Plus I'd have thought politicians who arent just in it for the money would be a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

smash wrote: »
    He's a prick. He's Minister for Transport yet he kept butting in on the household charge debate to throw out threats! He's a smarmy, slimy git.

I agree ! and those hands a covered in fake tan

ceegee wrote: »
    Pretty sure a ministerial wage is higher than what a 33 year old doctor earns. Longterm theres probably not much in the difference

Plus I'd have thought politicians who arent just in it for the money would be a good thing?

I don't think so, a GP has to earn at least from a quarter to half a mill. Lets say a GP sees a minimum of 20 patients a day at 50 euro, do the maths.

But we all know GPs sees a lot more then 20 patients a day.
    Plus I'd have thought politicians who arent just in it for the money would be a good thing

I agree with that, I just have no idea why someone would want the job. I would not do it for even a mill a year and that is being honest.

But the press has, back then the press was virtually FF as was RTE. Politicians are scrutinised now, every media outlet, and there are many, wants the scoop on corruption.

Even this media outlet criticises and scrutinises.

Yet still......
    http://www.bloomberg.com/image/iTZVdJ87TW8I.jpg

• Advertisement

A shame alright but that got scrutinised and hammered and still is. I really don't know how an FG taoiseach somehow let that guy on the same podium, considering the history of a former FG minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

You know what they say about big hands ;)

mconigol wrote: »

They need bigger gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

mconigol wrote: »

Big gloves?

Big gloves?

That's brilliant

Great mind think a like;)

But fools seldom differ:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

They need bigger gloves.
    Big gloves?

No, "big hands, no soul"

• Advertisement