Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shinobi 3ds is Awesome

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

shinobi3ds.jpg

Developed by Griptonite Games Shinobi for 3ds stays true to its origin and is
    perhaps one of the finest 2d side scroller i played in years.
    fans of the megadrive game will indistinctly feel at home but everything they added even add more depth into the combat . every combat can be chained together to get high scores, and watching your score go up is a great feeling.
    Each enemy feels different and have different attacking patterns and is very smart from what i played.
    the guys at Griptonite Games wanted this to be as true as possible to what shinobi has being over the years and they did not disappoint from the graphics that look so vibrant , the music score which is quite good and the combat which in my opinion is quite frankly simply amazing.
    theres so much content in this game for as cheap you could pick it up its worth owning . theres achievements to unlock , challenge maps whch are aload of fun , concept art , music, skins and even gives to a history about the other shinobi games and when they were made .
    dont listen to what critics say bout the game , if you have a 3ds and were brought up playing badass difficult side scrollers , you dont want to miss out of this gem ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like a poor mans Strider but in 3D!!!!!!!! with achievements....

/could be good didnt buy a 3ds to to play games i have on an emulator.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been playing a bit of this and really enjoying it. Have to agree that the press completely got this one wrong and dismissed it. Graphically it's a bit simple but the art style looks great and saves it. However who cares about that, it's the way it plays that matters and my god is it good. It plays very close to Shinobi 3 but with elements from the later NES Ninja Gaiden games added. It's a really fast paced platformer with wonderful controls. The parry system works great as well ensuring that if you mess up it's your own fault and not the games. Level design so far has been excellent and really challenging. For the price it goes for now it's an absolute steal.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Looks like a poor mans Strider but in 3D!!!!!!!! with achievements....

Eh, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent game, and huge too - great value.

And just to chime in on retr0's comment above. I agree - "Eh, what?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

3ozbuf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This game didn't live up to my expectations, so I put it down and never played it again.

Must give it another chance so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Actually bought this for 15 euro a little while ago. Not gotten around to playing it yet. May give it a go after this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Is Revenge of Shinobi in that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is Revenge of Shinobi in that game?

What do you mean? Is the Revenge of Shinobi included in this 3DS game? No..sure why would it be?

It's a new Shinobi game. Exclusive title for the 3DS. People seem to have a hard time comprehending this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

o1s1n wrote: »
    What do you mean? Is the Revenge of Shinobi included in this 3DS game? No..sure why would it be?

It's a new Shinobi game. Exclusive title for the 3DS. People seem to have a hard time comprehending this :pac:

Its for the 3DS, but its a 2D side scroller (like the old shinobi games).

Does not compute.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its for the 3DS, but its a 2D side scroller (like the old shinobi games).

Does not compute.

For the second time, Eh, What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3ozdrc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)

Strider, looks very similiar to Shinobi above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_(arcade_game)

Strider, looks very similiar to Shinobi above.

I know Strider, I'm not exactly a newbie. It looks more like the old shinobi games, which considering they are some of the best games ever made I have no problem with something being similar to them. There's more than enough new things in Shinobi to differentiate it from the old shinobi games and certainly from strider which is extremely simplistic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a side scroller, with platforms, plus weapons and magic powers....
    So, with that description it is like a lot of other games....
    But then the Ninjas, well their inclusion changes it a bit!

The games are different games, it's like saying Galaga and Xevious are the same because they have a space ship and shooting, or Sonic is the same as Mario because they both have platforms, jumping and, well not much else in common tbh.

Its for the 3DS, yes.
    Is it a side scrolling platformer, no the camera changes depending on the action, as seen in the video above, so no it's not the same as before, but it has to share certain themes or it isn't a sequel, dammit!

From what I can see, the closest to it is the Ninja Gaiden game on the DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Bit disgraceful we are talking bout a frachise thats being around for almost 25 years .. It aint no poor mans strider thats for certain

Sorry bout the crappy rock music and video quality

about as best i could do right now

Gave this a go last night for an hour or so. It was pretty good. Will give it another go me thinks.

wes wrote: »
    Gave this a go last night for an hour or so. It was pretty good. Will give it another go me thinks.

when you get the combat down and you parry , dodge and chain combo together like a master you are its such a rewarding feeling . story mode is great so far , i tend to be blasting through hard mode with one hit kills and no checkpoints soon after :P

when you get the combat down and you parry , dodge and chain combo together like a master you are its such a rewarding feeling . story mode is great so far , i tend to be blasting through hard mode with one hit kills and no checkpoints soon after :P

I started on easy mode. After I beat it on that, I will give it a go on normal. I am still working out the controls a bit, but parrying is very cool, when I get it right.

Advertisement