Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling E-Books

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in the process of writing an e-book on which I want to sell online. I want to set up a single webpage with a .com address, at which people can purchase the book on that page. I want it to be linked with my paypal account so whoever purchases the book the money will be sent there.

Thing is, how do I even go about it? I'll also be selling it on ebay and the likes but would like it's own site too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Might be worth looking at publishing it on Amazon Kindle.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

1. Get hosting package first.. a cheap 4.99 package per month is all you require for this 1 page website.. so maximum of 50 or 60 euros per year.. Any more your being ripped off

2. Buy domain name through namecheap.com .. myebookrocks.com and point it towards your hosting package.. Remember to change the DNS.. Ns1.server1.com ns2.server1.com (example) to your hosting dns so they match up..

3. I would suggest either quickly learn how to html (w3schools.com takes like 1hr for what you want to do with 1 page ) and then try installing wordpress via the cpanel on your hosting package.. its a 3 click process..

4.. Your website is up but on wordpress it will be the standard twentyten theme ... the theme is the layout of the site but you may choose to change this theme or even go purchase your own theme.. there are literally 100,s of thousands of different themes.

5. You need 1 landing page on that wordpress which will bascially be talking about your ebook and why u need to purchase it .. you basically login to the backend via the wordpress admin area and create a new post.. edit the layout, and also add a few traffic counter plugins and stuff if you wish.

Go to paypal .. download the html button (code) which will give you the buy now payment button and quite literally cut and paste the html code into your Created page on wordpress ..

But before that you MUST set up the ebook via paypal, of which i have little experience. i have heard its a simple thing that you just need to again follow the instructions and upload the ebook file and thats it.. It will create a download link to that ebook file every time someone purchases - pure automation at its best. All you need to do is pay for your hosting and domain once a year and the rest will take care of itself.

For your landing page just tweak the layout and button position with the html via w3schools.com and thats it really. If you need any more help or more indepth info on any of the above let us know or ask here.

Best of luck buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

1. Get hosting package first.. a cheap 4.99 package per month is all you require for this 1 page website.. so maximum of 50 or 60 euros per year.. Any more your being ripped off

!!!

For a one-pager, set up a blog using blogger.com, format it (using their options) so it doesn't look like a blog, and buy a custom domain from them. $US10 per year for the name and DNS registration, hosting is free, and you get a free email address too.

But I don't think that the website is the challenge.

Unless you want to handle it manually (PayPal tells you someone has paid, you email them the ebook), you need a filfullment tool: something that will automatically send the ebook out once payment is made. I don't know if paypal provides this service, or who else does - but I'm sure that there are on-line services that do.

As the last poster said, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

jmcc wrote: »
    Might be worth looking at publishing it on Amazon Kindle.

Regards...jmcc

That's what I am currently using. I built a quick 3 page website on a new domain and pointed a 'buy now link' to Amazon Kindle. I've had a few sales, not rich yet.

Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Curly Watts

How do I add the ebooks through paypal onto my blog with blogger.com though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How do I add the ebooks through paypal onto my blog with blogger.com though?

Get the HTML code to display / promote the ebook from Paypal ... and put it into a post or gadget or whatever in the usual way, viz http://blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/putting-html-code-from-third-party-into.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

JustMary wrote: »
    !!!

For a one-pager, set up a blog using blogger.com, format it (using their options) so it doesn't look like a blog, and buy a custom domain from them. $US10 per year for the name and DNS registration, hosting is free, and you get a free email address too.

It will cost more cheaper if bought from other domain registration website like godaddy and then changing dns to blogger server.

Advertisement